• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Neil Walker?

If my choice is Neil Walker for a year, or David Freese for 3 years........ I'll take Neil Walker every day and twice on Sunday and take my chances with Kubitza/Cowart. 

I guess it depends on what we are giving up.  With Walker getting 10-11m in arbitration, it cant take much?  Wilson + 10m or Santiago straight up?

Edited by Pheenom07

I'd be happy with him on board. If he costs Santiago I'd be a little more hesitant, as I think he's our best trade piece at this point. Maybe if PIT added something else in or helped balance out the money.

If it was Wilson, sign me up!

Edited by totdprods

I would trade 2 years of Santiago for 1 year of Walker, especially since the Angels can probably get a draft pick for Walker if they don't resign him next year.

Walker can play 2B and 3B, which gives the Angels the flexibility to give Cowart/Kubitza a chance. They could start Walker at 2B and if those guys struggle move him to 3B and go back to Gio. Walker is also a switch hitter, so he would give some balance to the lineup.

The only reason I would be hesitant is if Santiago is more valuable than I think. Obviously if would be better to trade him for a young controllable player for 2B or 3B, but i don't think a team would be willing to do that.

Edited by elbooboo

A deal around CJ and Walker makes sense for both. Angels cover about $10 million to offset the salaries and both teams get players on 1yr deals at about $10 million

I'd be on board with that. It doesn't help with freeing up money but it obviously helps with filling the 2b hole. Let Freese walk, roll with Kubitza/Cowart at 3b, and buy a LF.

Melancon is too much, not with closer packages flying this offseason. Someone like Tony Watson? I think Angels need a lefty arm in the pen more than another righty. Could see Gott being included in a package.

Watson would be great. Take a look at the Mariners lineup now--a lefty out of the pen wouldn't be a bad idea.

Pittsburgh also had talks with the Orioles, Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review [/size]tweets, but those discussions were ended when they failed to develop any traction.[/size]

Maybe Eppler can swing a 3-team trade with the Orioles and Pirates since the O's like Santiago?

Don't see enough players to make it work.

Orioles and Angels both want Walker.

Orioles and Pirates both want Santiago.

Not seeing an obvious Oriole player that'd meet the criteria to fill each team's needs.

Kendrick-for-Heaney deal as the type of deal they're looking for.....Yeah okay Pittsburgh 

Lol. Just because one team was stupid enough to trade a top prospect with 6 years of team control for 1 year of a 2B doesn't mean it should be expected. Pirates are looking for SP and with this market they simply can't spend with the top dogs. With Walker set for FA after 2016....they just don't have too much leverage

Watson would be great. Take a look at the Mariners lineup now--a lefty out of the pen wouldn't be a bad idea.

Rangers have a real lefty-heavy lineup too.

In the pen, Angels have Street, Smith, Morin, Gott, Bedrosian, Salas, Rasmus on the right side, only Alvarez and ? on left - maybe whichever starter gets squeezed out.

Adding Gott for Watson in the framework makes sense. Pirates get another young cheap reliever, Angels get a good LHRP.