• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Neil Walker?

"Given that the division rivals were said to be looking at Zobrist primarily as a second baseman, Walker represents a less-versatile, less-accomplished, but younger alternative. The 30-year-old is also a switch hitter, though he’s been far better against righties than lefties."

not exactly the glowing report i was looking for. "hey, let's get this guy who isn't as good." "deal!"

"Given that the division rivals were said to be looking at Zobrist primarily as a second baseman, Walker represents a less-versatile, less-accomplished, but younger alternative. The 30-year-old is also a switch hitter, though he’s been far better against righties than lefties."

not exactly the glowing report i was looking for. "hey, let's get this guy who isn't as good." "deal!"

Neil Walker would be a fantastic get at second. 

....why?

It's just an age thing for me, a lot will depend on what we do for other positions though.

Assuming we aren't going to let Kubitza/Cowart dick around on 3rd all year I'm guessing we end up with a Freese type older guy at 3rd. Maybe even Daniel Murphy who knows but unless Eppler surprises everyone and signs Heyward, I'm guessing we go Cespedes in LF and he's 30 as well. I'd like someone young paired up the middle with Simmons so they can build chemistry and grow together for years to come. This team is slowly starting to build a nice foundation with guys like Richards, Heaney, Trout, Simmons and Calhoun. I'd like to see them continue that trend.

I know Schoop missed a bunch of games last year but he did have a higher BA than Walker. He's only 24 and would have to think he's only going to get better

Edited by CanadianHalo

I called this a couple weeks ago and recommended either Gott, Shoemaker or Santiago (if it's part of a larger deal). At any rate, the Angels will use pitching, and chances are they'll be paying several years of a pitcher for one of a 2B.

Shoemaker for Walker makes the most sense, and that's specifically what I predicted.

As for the Angels, it’s not clear which of several possible players could make the most sense. Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times suggests on Twitter that Hector Santiago would make for a “good fit” in Pittsburgh, but I’d have to think the Bucs would need to add to Walker to pry him free. Meanwhile, Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review notes in a tweet that C.J. Wilson could be a part of a trade, though he notes that the Halos would have to add cash for that to line up.

yes please.  

Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN

#Mets-#Pirates talking trade involving Neil Walker and Jon Niese, according to Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN

Jon Niese's contract: makes $9m in 2016, and has team options of $10 million 2017, $11m '18, w/ $500K buyout.

Is Niese really any better(if at all) than CJ or Santiago? I don't think so

Edited by bloodbrother

"Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times suggests on Twitter that Hector Santiago would make for a “good fit” in Pittsburgh, but I’d have to think the Bucs would need to add to Walker to pry him free."

-MLBTR

So...

Neil Walker 
John Holdzkom
Stephen Tarpley

for 

Hector Santiago
Johnny Giavotella

No need for Gio if we get Neil Walker (Pennington as back up). Pirates could use him for depth though.
We also would get 2 RP prospects, 1 ML ready and a lefty with upside.

Odd approach so far. Seems like we are dabbling a lot but really in on nothing. With as many holes as we have to fill, we better we moving or are going to left in the dust.

Could be there is a lot of focus on one really big piece like Heyward or Upton. Someone that will tie up a lot of the money and is also critical to the offseason's needs, and they plan on filling the gaps cheaply later.

I don't know if I'm just anxious for moves to be made, but I feel like we're just spinning our tires in mud so far 

Aside from Dipoto and the D'Backs, it's been quiet for most teams.

Sounds like the Angels are still in mix for Orioles. Pirates probably trying to get each team to up the offer.