• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Price signs with the Red Sox.

Richard

Yeah, if Price pitches good enough to where he does opt out, that's still fine for Boston. Much rather commit a massive amount of money to a guy on a short term deal rather than be stuck with 5+ years.

I mean, ANgels still have 5 more damn seasons with Albert. By year 8 he may be confined to a wheel chair with how shot his legs are

Edited by bloodbrother

So we can fully expect prices to be bonkers in this FA market. 

I'm starting to warm to the idea of just signing one of the mid tier arms(Chen, Leake, etc) and still have money for that LF we need. Stay away from Greinke and Cueto. 

Cueto has already turned down 6/120.

Their playing a game, no matter what sport it is. They don't deserve the money they get paid and huge portions of the money owners make, should be used to grow baseball globally as their business. Maybe he doesn't want too go past 2020 with the contracts because he's going too sell the team around that time? The trade market will open up to a lot of teams now and all of our trade able pitching just doubled maybe even tripled in value. The question is how does it effect the contracts of Gordon and Heyward though?

Their playing a game, no matter what sport it is. They don't deserve the money they get paid and huge portions of the money owners make, should be used to grow baseball globally as their business. Maybe he doesn't want too go past 2020 with the contracts because he's going too sell the team around that time? The trade market will open up to a lot of teams now and all of our trade able pitching just doubled maybe even tripled in value. The question is how does it effect the contracts of Gordon and Heyward though?

Of course they deserve that money. They are employees who make money for a company and the market sets the rate of their value to the employer.

Edited by CF8

The contracts are crazy but with teams like the Sox and Dodgers, it all just doesn't really matter in the end. They give Hanley and Pablo those awful contracts last year and still are able to easily throw $217 million at Price a year later

thats wrong and they make sports look bad by doing that s**t. I read that David would take less money to be more comfortable somewhere, Imagine what it would have taken to get him to pitch in "Seattle"? I'm just going to make sure a baseball doesn't ever leave my kids hands.

$31 mil per for a pitcher.

i wouldn't pay that much.

Nope, especially for someone over the age of 30. If there was a pitcher of the same caliber, but the same age as, let's say Heyward or even Upton/Leake, then yeah that makes more sense. Maybe like a Jose Fernandez in a few offseasons. But I think Boston will regret this move in a couple of years. 

All i'm saying is that they make way too much money and just because their employers can afford it, does't make it right. Then you get teams like Boston who can just spend whatever they want and it forces teams like Toronto too overspend on Happ.

Edited by DailyHalo

All i'm saying is that they make way too much money and just because their employers can afford it, does't make it right. Then you get teams like Boston who can just spend whatever they want and it forces teams like Toronto too overspend on Happ.

i hear what youre saying, but think of it like this. Right now, someone in a poorer country than ours is saying how much less they would do your job or mine for. Entertainment will always be "overpaid", but it makes mints of money every day. Its a different world than our "normal" lives.

i hear what youre saying, but think of it like this. Right now, someone in a poorer country than ours is saying how much less they would do your job or mine for. Entertainment will always be "overpaid", but it makes mints of money every day. Its a different world than our "normal" lives.

True.  "Entertainers" make way too much money, but society allows it, so whatcha gonna do? I absolutely hate that my students know more about video games and Kardashians than proper grammar, but until we properly value education as a society, nothing's gonna change. 

As for Price, the market determines his value.  What I like about this, is that it AUTOMATICALLY inflates the values of all of our pitchers and makes them a more palatable choice than dropping wads of cash.  Thus, the Angels can, and should, ask for more or better prospects in return for any pitcher, including Wilson.

As for Price, the market determines his value.  What I like about this, is that it AUTOMATICALLY inflates the values of all of our pitchers and makes them a more palatable choice than dropping wads of cash.  Thus, the Angels can, and should, ask for more or better prospects in return for any pitcher, including Wilson.

Angels..... Prospects.....

lol

Edited by Poozy