• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hyeon-Soo Kim

I am not too familiar with the international signing regulations but does signing Baldoquin affect us in being able to acquire Kim?

He profiles as a guy Eppler could chase. If he is going to follow through with this youth movement (ultimately giving the farm years to re-develop) then his options for LF are limited to Heyward who is still young and heading into his prime. At 27 years old, Kim very much fits that movement. I say we go all in on Heyward, but what about acquiring Kim in the case that we can't land him? Remember, its not just whether or not we want Heyward, its also the competition of bidding-out teams that would gladly take the commodities he brings. He's great insurance in case we can't sign Heyward.

I do wonder though, what if we do sign Heyward. What happens with Kim? I am not big on the "we have a hole at 1st base" but Kim does play first. Again, not big on that though - I think Pujols and Cron are enough, but its worth mentioning. 

More than anything, I'm suggesting this because that OBP looks really, really intriguing. I wonder what .406 career OBP transfer to the majors. I would be thrilled with .340-.350 and a .270 ish BA. Looks like a lesser Choo type in my opinion. I'm also suggesting this for the sake of new convo/ideas. 

MLBTraderumors says he is a free agent.  So I don't think that counts against international money.  

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/11/free-agent-notes-kim-davis-zobrist-braves.html

There are a few intriguing Korean players.  Oh, I believe, is the one that Angels should be all over also.  shutdown closer in the Korean and japanese leagues.  FA.  He's older, but a 2 or 3 year deal might be enough to get him.  Would compliment well with a 8th inning and occasional closer.

MLBTraderumors says he is a free agent.  So I don't think that counts against international money.  

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/11/free-agent-notes-kim-davis-zobrist-braves.html

There are a few intriguing Korean players.  Oh, I believe, is the one that Angels should be all over also.  shutdown closer in the Korean and japanese leagues.  FA.  He's older, but a 2 or 3 year deal might be enough to get him.  Would compliment well with a 8th inning and occasional closer.

Interesting, I am not 100% sure I go for Kim simply because we simply may not have room for him (assuming we acquire a LF). Admittedly, I suggest him for something to talk about and because his on base and age are intriguing.

But I think you bring up an interesting point in exploring the international market. I would be all for exploring it and potentially bringing a top reliever like you mentioned. I would imagine they would come fairly cheap.