• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

Isn't his defense at 3B suspect? Thought he was switching to 1B or OF. Either way, with the state of this farm I'm all for adding him    

It is, but I figure we can use help on the farm no matter what the position. It's low risk/high reward. If he stinks, no big deal. But he has a pedigree so there is (or was at one time) talent there. Worth seeing if he's a late bloomer.

Since the farm is pretty barren, I like the idea of these types of moves. Maybe you hit the lottery with one of these lottery tickets and get a Bautista or Encarnacion.  

Source: No bids placed by MLB teams on Korean 3B Jae-gyun Hwang. He'll return to Korea this season and hit free agency next offseason.

WTF?  So you are telling me we could have had him for probably less than one year of Freese.  Which includes a 3 year contract and his posting?  Hell, a first round pick probably costs more than taking a flyer on this guy.

I know you are making fun. But the Dbacks are in much better position than the Padres. With Goldy and Pollock that offense is something to mess with. Now with an actual MLB pitcher in their rotation... things are looking up.

That's what I was thinking too.  You have Goldschmidt for 4 more years.  And if their youngsters can repeat what they did last year.  It has a making of a pretty good young team.  

Plus, Diamondbacks even if Greinke gets $30 million and without including arbitration eligibles, is still at an opening day payroll of get this $62 million.  They may not be done shopping at all.  2B, SS and maybe some more arms.  

I know you are making fun. But the Dbacks are in much better position than the Padres. With Goldy and Pollock that offense is something to mess with. Now with an actual MLB pitcher in their rotation... things are looking up.

I like the Dbacks young talent. Was mostly making the comparison witht he Padres in that I don't think anybody saw these teams making huge noise in the offseason

That's what I was thinking too. You have Goldschmidt for 4 more years. And if their youngsters can repeat what they did last year. It has a making of a pretty good young team.

Plus, Diamondbacks even if Greinke gets $30 million and without including arbitration eligibles, is still at an opening day payroll of get this $62 million. They may not be done shopping at all. 2B, SS and maybe some more arms.

$62M :)