• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official World Series Gameday Thread

Hollyw00d

Not really. Most questioned Collins for leaving Harvey in after he walked the leadoff batter in the 9th.

Yeah, when I saw Harvey come out for the 9th, I was ok with it, but I assumed that one baserunner and Familia was coming in.

Not sure if that would have made a difference, but it's possible.

Still, if Duda makes that throw home, this isn't even a conversation.

I said this in the other thread and I know it won't be popular, but blaming Terry Collins for sticking with Harvey ignores the fact that Familia has been ineffective all series. Going into yesterday's game he had a WS record two blown saves, only to cap it off with a third one. I don't think he got hit that hard, but the end result is what matters. If Collins had Wade Miller warmed up he would have gone with him, I would think.

I think most managers would have kept with Pedro Martinez while Harvey would had sat pine for the 9th.

I don't think so. The stats clearly showed that Pedro sucked after 100 pitches, and he looked done when Little went out to the mound. Harvey showed no signs of slowing down through the 8th inning. I was actually surprised Collins wasn't going to send him back out. Not sure what the stats are on Harvey after 100 pitches this year.

I agree yk. This series was lost as much as it was won but it wasn't lost on coaching. I highly doubt Collins coached up the errors that Murphy had. I highly doubt Collins told his team to get a lead off homer then get a total of two more hits over the next 11 or 12 innings. Give credit and blame to the players because ultimately it came down to that as it usually does.

It was fine to leave Harvey in for the 9th.  But he went to 3-2 and then walked the leadoff batter.  Thats just something you dont do, and if you cant throw a strike down the middle its pretty clear you've got nothing left.

Should have went to Familia immediately after the walk.  Thats what cost them the game.  You bring in your closer with a runner on 1st and a 2 run lead, couldnt ask for a better situation.  

Ok.  Either way, he obviously wasnt trying to walk the leadoff batter.  Under no circumstances can you allow that to happen given who your opponent is.  Once he did, it was clear he was done.  

If it was that clear he would have been replaced.

It isn't the managers fault when he choices were the guy that pitched a helluva game up until the ninth and the guy who already two blown saves in the series.

The first blown save was due to a solo homer, not the worst outing but ill give you that one. The second he comes in with 2 on, gets a ground ball to the 2nd basemen for an easy out, and it gets booted, not his fault. Last night he comes in and gets the ground ball he needed, again defense boots it.

You of all people should know the term sample size. A whole seasons work from a guy who got you there should prevail over 2 blown saves from a solo homer and poor defense.

Like I said its fine to bring Harvey out there. But after walking a guy, you bring in your closer. Hes over 100 pitches, and hes already dealt a ton of stressful innings this month.

I don't disagree with sample size or the fact that he wasn't lit up in the other two save opps. However you blame the manager in one post, but in this last post you blame the defense for his blown save. Well the defense is the reason we are having this conversation.

Again, going back to he should have been pulled when or where is arguing what the manager should do. Not really relevent.

Harvey should not have under any circumstances given a free base to start the inning. Challenge with a fastball, force them to get a hit. He challenged them all night and they weren't doing squat.

There were 2 mistakes on the tying run scoring. "Captain" Wright shouldn't have double pumped going to first after holding Hosmer, and with any decent throw from Bana (who pretty much pissed me off the entire postseason with his bat) Hosmer would have been out for the Mets victory.

None of this has to do with the manager decision. It's ultimately up to the professionals on the field to get the job done.