• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Merica, hero or idiot?

Exactly.  No one is screaming if you see double and take another shot.  Why is that?  Because everyone wants their booze!  Some people like guns, some people don't.  But hell, everyone wants the opportunity to get shitface drunk.  And, oh no ... now I'm shitface drunk, but I need to get home.  No worries.  I can make it.  Let's hit the road.

I just find it interesting the things that 'Merica wrings its hands over vs the things that they view with a collective, "meh."

Many people want to have a debate over additional gun control.  Wonderful.  But who's talking about breathalyzers in all cars?  No one.  

Now ... I'm out of wine.  I'll be back later. 

I agree Geoff but that argument does not fit the Obama is coming to take your keys because you drink and drive so lets drink some more. People should not drink and drive but also there is a culture in America right now screaming for more arms and nobody is screaming if you see double, take another shot. I am all for hooking up breathalyzers to your ignition, nobody seems to be for gun control. 

There's plenty of gun control laws already. What we need are laws that hold gun owners and users accountable for crimes committed with their guns. And while this should seem obvious, maybe it's time to make it clear to concealed carriers that it's not their job to round up bad guys.

Maybe because those are two separate and entirely unrelated issues.  

I'm still thinking about the idea of a breathalyzer in every car.  While it's appealing from the sense of preventing drunk driving it's (to me, anyway) close to infringement in a sense.  It makes the assumption that everyone needs to be monitored before they take the wheel.  And yes, I see the obvious connection to the gun control discussion.  

As usual, it's complicated.  That doesn't mean it shouldn't be discusses, though.

I think two issues where we have a large number of deaths in our country that need to be discussed and addressed are related.  

And that's what we're doing, discussing it. 

Would a breathalyzer be a form of infringement?  Yup.  So would additional gun control regulations.  Might they both be a good idea?  Yup, they might be. 

I think two issues where we have a large number of deaths in our country that need to be discussed and addressed are related.  

And that's what we're doing, discussing it. 

Would a breathalyzer be a form of infringement?  Yup.  So would additional gun control regulations.  Might they both be a good idea?  Yup, they might be. 

Makes me think of this scene:

Makes me think of this scene:

The funny thing about that video is that it actually points out one of the obvious flaws in breathalyzers in cars concept.  It won't solve a lot of the problems.  Just like many of the gun control measures that are being discussed would not have prevented many of the recent mass shootings.  

So it gets back to the question, is it better to do something than nothing? 

Cars kill more people than guns. It makes sense to make them illegal. Especially anything with more than three cylinders. There's no reason to have 4 cylinders.

So 8 cylinders is overkill.  And 12 cylinders, what's the point, since you can't drive that fast anyways.  Well, unless you are on the city streets of Beverly Hills.

So 8 cylinders is overkill.  And 12 cylinders, what's the point, since you can't drive that fast anyways.  Well, unless you are on the city streets of Beverly Hills.

I think 12 cylinders is already banned in the District of Columbia