• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Merica, hero or idiot?

I like that this woman passed a death sentence on this guy, and any bystanders who got in the way or might have been hit by his car, because he stole a drill. That seems fair and proportional.

I didn't realize people died in these events.  How tragic. 

I didn't realize people died in these events.  How tragic. 

When she started firing her gun she passed that sentence.  Hyperbole, but you truly never know for sure what will happen. Guns aren't toys or persuaders.

Nobody died but if I was walking out with my kids and someone started firing at random in the parking lot, I should be armed and take them down. Where does it end?  We all need to go everywhere armed seems the only solution. 

this is a point I was trying to make in the shooting thread a few days ago.  The concept that simply having more guns in the situation will result in less harm just seems ridiculous to me.  These people who may try to intervene are not trained for handling a live shooter.  They never will be trained for that.  It doesn't matter how expert they are with a gun.

Edited by UndertheHalo

When she started firing her gun she passed that sentence.  Hyperbole, but you truly never know for sure what will happen. Guns aren't toys or persuaders.

Fair enough.  

So using the same logic, everyone who gets behind the wheel of a car drunk should also be considered some attempting a murder/suicide.  As you said, while that may be hyperbole, you truly never know for sure what will happen. 

this is the danger of having more guns in purses and backpacks. the response has to be proportional to the crime. boosting a drill means someone is going to take shots at you? wow, what an overreaction. and glen is right, she put everyone else in harm's way, quite unnecessarily. imagine getting hit by one of those shots while you're in the next parking unloading your groceries lot because calamity jane thought this was the best option.

i said it before and it bears repeating - it's going to turn into the wild west when all these self-appointed vigilantes get it in mind that they have to pull their piece.

Fair enough.  

So using the same logic, everyone who gets behind the wheel of a car drunk should also be considered some attempting a murder/suicide.  As you said, while that may be hyperbole, you truly never know for sure what will happen. 

hyperbole aside, yes.

Seriously though I'm surprised we don't have more people killing each other.

So many millions of people crammed into such a small space.  Have you seen the traffic jams we have in So. Cal.?

It's a mad house out there.

People obviously have trust for one another otherwise everybody would be carrying.

Fair enough.  

I agree Geoff but that argument does not fit the Obama is coming to take your keys because you drink and drive so lets drink some more. People should not drink and drive but also there is a culture in America right now screaming for more arms and nobody is screaming if you see double, take another shot. I am all for hooking up breathalyzers to your ignition, nobody seems to be for gun control.