• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Bryce Harper Mancrush Thread

m0nkey

He's very talented.  He's very douchey.  They are not mutually exclusive. 

His douchiness seems to be decreasing as he ages so perhaps it was mostly due to the fact that he was an exceptionally talented ballplayer that lacked the maturity to handle what came with it. 

It's hard to know how most 19yos would act if they were in the position he was in.  I don't remember being overly mature at that age and I wonder if his attitude and arrogance aided in his ability to be successful.  Not that I condone his behavior, but it probably helped. 

He recently posted a photo of his car.  Even if you ignore what the car looks like, and shrug off the comment because he is a kid...  that is a douche move.  

I just looked again and there is video of him showing it off.  Or another one.  That's lame, bro.   

If you followed Bryce at all on his route to the big leagues you'd know exactly why he has been called a douche.

Exactly. I am from Vegas originally, still have many friends involved in youth and HS baseball down there, and I've been hearing stories about what a little prick Bryce is since he was 11 or 12.

It's funny, my daughter is such a huge Mike Trout fan, that every time Harper makes the highlight reel she gets furious! I'm glad he's off to this start, let him get all the attention, while Mike just keeps getting hotter and hotter this last week or so.....

He recently posted a photo of his car.  Even if you ignore what the car looks like, and shrug off the comment because he is a kid...  that is a douche move.  

I just looked again and there is video of him showing it off.  Or another one.  That's lame, bro.   

So is CJ Wilson a douche for showing off his very nice cars? Or any other sports figure for that matter? So being proud of your accomplishments is douchey? I want to be douchey.

I don't know if he's a giant douche or a turd sandwich. I just hope Trout and Harper can stay injury free and fulfill their potential. The NBA had Magic VS. Bird but I can't think of a similar duo in MLB. Two guys with unbelievable talent, coming up at the same time, playing on opposite coasts and, hopefully, playing in a few World Series against each other.

This is all I'll say about it.  Bryce Harper has the most beautiful swing I've veer seen, including Griffey and will be a legendary player that breaks records.  He very well may be the best hitter of his generation.  But outside of Bo Jackson, I've never seen anything like Trout.  He's a complete gamer.  Power, hits, speed, defense, intangibles.  

If Bryce Harper is Mickey Mantle, the Mike Trout is Willie Mays.  There's no right or wrong answer.  Just greatness.  Bask in it and enjoy.