• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Racist

Hollyw00d

He's a douchebag for thinking that new players to this league should respect the history and traditions of this game?  I have no problem with what he said.  When Americans go to other countries I think they should respect the history and traditions of those countries as well.  

/thread

Edited by Poozy

Its baseball. Some of you take the "tradition" crap way too seriously.

Babe Ruth pointed to where he thought he would hit a baseball. But he's white, so its no big deal

I can understand the people calling him a douchebag, asshole, moron....but a racist? nah..

Last I checked, there are American poc that play in the MLB.

Edited by Poozy

Babe Ruth pointed to where he thought he would hit a baseball. But he's white, so its no big deal

dude you are the most racist person on this board.

Not to mention that story is folklore, he wasn't pointing at where he was going to hit the ball. I don't remember the story but I'm guessing a couple of our historian guys like FS or HB would know what I'm talking about.

By the way FS and HB, we have our disagreements but you two are probably the best on here at baseball history, while AO knows the most about Angels history.

give me a friggin break... some people will find what they want to find in everything in life i guess.  for me i think its utterly laughable unless the person can prove that the events that started these incident were racial in nature, which he cant, hes a damned idiot. 

I love this picture. 

Ventura: "Let me at 'em, let me at 'em" (In a squeaky, high-pitched voice).

Trout: "Child, please".

635791607773931518-USATSI-8516050.jpg

Lol I was about to post this exact picture. There's something tremendously funny about it. 

The alleged Babe Ruth "Pointing to the bleachers and then putting one there" was in the WS @ Wrigley Field. There is no film of it, as film was expensive back then and while games were sometimes recorded with hand held cameras, they were only filmed in snippits when a photog decided to run his camera for a few mins. Maybe 10 mins of a 3 hour game was kept, and many of those recordings were lost or deteriorated. Many have suspected he was wetting his fingers and testing where the wind was coming from in Wrigley, which was something he did do before.

General consensus is that, like the story of the sick kid the Babe promised to hit a HR for, it never happened. Ruth was a showman who loved the spotlight. If reporters wanted to write something that wasn't quite factual, but made Babe look good, he certainly wasn't going to call them out for it.

Funny that Lou Gehrig was exactly the opposite and could barely utter a few words when asked a question. Another example of how little film there was of those days, was the famous "Luckiest Man" speech Gehrig gave at Lou Gehrig day.

It lasted quite a while, the ceremonies and the speeches, and even Lou's words, but the was only a minute or two of film of it for many years until some miraculously surfaced in the 60's. 

Well, FYI, Japanese baseball fans say this all the time about foreign players.

Whenever an American guy tries to take out a catcher or a second baseman with a hard slide, they call them barbarians who don't know what sport is about.

When foreign players spit on the ground, toss their helmets or bats, argue with an umpire, they say they're uneducated, and low class human beings.

And whenever those players start to slump, they say it's because of their habits and should be gone.