• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Boehner Stepping Down as Speaker

Lhalo

I don't think it is good for Republicans at all.

Now the hard right is going to have control.  Look for a government shut down for sure now.

This is exactly the point made by a couple of political websites that I read. Boehner at least kept the Tea Party crowd somewhat in check. This just frees them to install one of their own as Speaker of the House.

Equally remarkable is how the Democrats have not been able to capitalize on it.

I guess I'll hang up and take your answer off the air. 

I don't really disagree with the statement but it's hard to believe that it was Obama who made it.

I'll say that it was classy that Obama didn't piss on Boehner's smoldering carcass.

I don't really disagree with the statement but it's hard to believe that it was Obama who made it.

I'll say that it was classy that Obama didn't piss on Boehner's smoldering carcass.

Ok.  I figured it was just another OBAMA! post.  Just wanted to make sure. 

Kind of like Clinton and Sanders

Everyone wants Clinton gone but Sanders?

I misread this at first and posted a snarky reply, but you are correct. Sanders has much less of a chance of being elected than does Clinton.

It's terrible that neither party can produce a candidate that is even just a bit palatable.

I misread this at first and posted a snarky reply, but you are correct. Sanders has much less of a chance of being elected than does Clinton.

It's terrible that neither party can produce a candidate that is even just a bit palatable.

clearly, you need to give bobby jindal a second look. he's moving up in the republican polls!

(mostly because candidates ahead of him are dropping out)

I truly believe that Obama respects the shit out of Boehner and is actually grateful for how he's been able to control the Tea Partiers that would really ruin shit for both the Dems and the able minded RepCons Edited by TobiasFunke

I think Obama understands the challenges someone like Boehner faced. The plus side is there shouldn't be a shutdown in the next few days, Boehner can once again have the Democrats come in and rescue the House from themselves. The burn it all down part of the party can't threaten him with his job.

December is another story though...it looks like the Debt ceiling and this temporary spending measure are going to tied together in the December timeframe. I expect a lot of hostage tacking and blackmail politics in the next few months.

Edited by red321

December is another story though...it looks like the Debt ceiling and this temporary spending measure are going to tied together in the December timeframe. I expect a lot of hostage tacking and blackmail politics in the next few months.

Don't worry Red, the debt ceiling will be raised with minimal opposition. The Republican Party likes spending just the same as Democrats. The only difference is where the money is spent.