• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 9/19 vs. Twins (GAME 1) - Murphy back at leadoff

Ray McKigney

Hard to believe. Coming into today, we knew with certainty that the Angels could go to sleep tonight only a half game back, or even 3 and a half games back. That's a HUGE swing. Now we know, in just a few short hours, the Angels will either be...

A. A half game out.

B. A game and a half out.

C. Two and a half games out.

Now comes the really good news. We're sending our ACE to the mound.

Hard to believe. Coming into today, we knew with certainty that the Angels could go to sleep tonight only a half game back, or even 3 and a half games back. That's a HUGE swing. Now we know, in just a few short hours, the Angels will either be...

A. A half game out.

B. A game and a half out.

C. Two and a half games out.

Now comes the really good news. We're sending our ACE to the mound.

Which isn't even that bad imo, .5 a game loss in the standings after a double header. We still play Houston again.

I'd pop a champagne if A happened though. 

That was the ugliest win I've ever seen in my life. And I remember my birth.

There was some Red Sox game a few years back that I unfortunately watched in its entirety that went 14 or 15 innings. Frieri turned a huge lead into a tie at one point. We ended up ultimately winning the game 14 to 13 because Vernon Wells hit a "home run" that Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine didn't even bother to review (it wasn't actually a home run).  

We emptied the cupboards to get him? Really?

And yeah, save.

The Angels handed over RHP Elliot Morris, RHP Rj Alvarez, 2B Taylor Lindsey, and SS Jose Rondon for Huston Street and Trevor Gott. 

Our infield and bullpen depth is not so good at the moment. 

Street has turned into Frieri 2... I still am not thrilled we emptied the cupboards to obtain him

I am.

What we discarded was the equivalent of cans of garbanzo beans and the old boxes of jello mix

Lindsay = .189 avg .581 ops (AA/AAA)

Alvarez = 4.11/1.514 (era/whip) AAA 11.15/2.087 A's (SD traded him 5 months after acquiring him)

Rondon = .267/.679 (A+/AA). AA = .190/.449 in 107 PA in AA

Morris = 4.87/1.544 (AA)

I'll take Street and Gott any day of the week

Great managing against a team almost as shitty as us. Had he left Heaney in it might have only gone 9. Oh well, a win is a win.

Heaney has only thrown 100 pitches in a game once this season, they are obviously trying to manage a rookie's pitch count.  He's in no man's land.

tied with the Twins for being only 1.5 games behind Houston. If they win game 2 and Houston loses......

Actually one game behind Houston in the loss column.

Where's Homebrewer, he must be off brewing some beer to fortify himself in case the Angels (and Scioscia) win two games in one day.

Edited by tomsred

I am.

What we discarded was the equivalent of cans of garbanzo beans and the old boxes of jello mix

Lindsay = .189 avg .581 ops (AA/AAA)

Alvarez = 4.11/1.514 (era/whip) AAA 11.15/2.087 A's (SD traded him 5 months after acquiring him)

Rondon = .267/.679 (A+/AA). AA = .190/.449 in 107 PA in AA

Morris = 4.87/1.544 (AA)

I'll take Street and Gott any day of the week

Whatchu got against garbanzo beans?

Rascist.