• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What's wrong with Mike Trout?

Angelsjunky

He has a .900+ OPS with RISP...he would have a hell of a lot more RBI if he had the opportunity. Just check out Donaldson's RBI numbers with a lineup that regularly has men on base

That's been my argument and people here say I'm crazy. He has no help and he's glued to that gimp in the lineup which causes pitchers to pitch around him. Could you imagine Trout in Toronto's lineup? 50+ hrs and 130rbi's

Could you imagine Trout hitting anything other than his worst the last 6 weeks?

Could you imagine ANYONE hitting in Toronto in that line up?

Strad I have to disagree with you on this issue. Trout still has only 77 at bats with RISP this season. That's a compelling stat because he's hitting .338 with RISP. I think he could've won us a lot more games with another 40-50 chances with RISP. He needs help. He can't do it all.

Strad I have to disagree with you on this issue. Trout still has only 77 at bats with RISP this season. That's a compelling stat because he's hitting .338 with RISP. I think he could've won us a lot more games with another 40-50 chances with RISP. He needs help. He can't do it all.

We agree he can't do it by himself.

Keep in mind mulwin that you are dicussing this topic with someone that questioned the accomplishments of Trout by comparing him to Luis Gonzalez, he pointed out that Luis Gonzalez had better numbers than Trout.

Yes Luis Gonzales had a terrific year in 2001 but he also had 136 at bats with RISP.

He had team mates that got on base ahead of him.

Yes the players around him and the stadium are keeping him from his full potential.

What the hell does the stadium have to do with him reaching his full potential? If the Angels moved the fences in and Trout had better numbers, does that really make him a better player? No, of course not, it means he plays in a park that elevate his numbers. Put him in Colorado he isn't a better player he just has better numbers. I know that may sound dumb, but it is true.

Yes, he was also probably on the juice and playing in an era where his numbers were astronomical and good for about a 6 WAR.

Well is Bryce Harper on the juice Strad?

I'm telling you that the makeup of the Angels team including players, coaches, manager and his lineup card and the stadium is ruining Trout's ability to show his full potential. He would thrive in KC, Toronto, Boston or either of the NY teams.

I'm telling you that the makeup of the Angels team including players, coaches, manager and his lineup card and the stadium is ruining Trout's ability to show his full potential. He would thrive in KC, Toronto, Boston or either of the NY teams.

Yes, all great players would play better and have better numbers if they were on the best teams in baseball. However when Trout strikes out, it has nothing to do with players on base. Also a huge reason this team is not in the playoffs is that our best player has put up zeros for six weeks. Now I fully understand we wouldn't be in the playoff picture at all without the early production of Trout. I look forward to your thread saying Miguel Cabrera would be better off and would reach his full potential if he was on the Cubs.

I have no idea if Harper is on the juice, if you ask Cez he would say yes he is on the juice. So Harper is coming into his own and is having his breakout year. And? You know a player can have a better year but still not really be considered the better player right? It is baseball, fluctuations happen.

Yes, all great players would play better and have better numbers if they were on the best teams in baseball. However when Trout strikes out, it has nothing to do with players on base. Also a huge reason this team is not in the playoffs is that our best player has put up zeros for six weeks. Now I fully understand we wouldn't be in the playoff picture at all without the early production of Trout. I look forward to your thread saying Miguel Cabrera would be better off and would reach his full potential if he was on the Cubs.

When Mike Trout strikes out it's usually because he trying too hard to make something happen. He certainly knows who's on deck.

When Mike Trout strikes out it's usually because he trying too hard to make something happen. He certainly knows who's on deck.

Of course he knows who's on deck. So last year when he struck out the most times in the AL was that because of who was on deck? Or was it Mike's fault? I believe that Mike strking out is Mike's fault. I also think that this slump is on him as well. That being said, he is still the best all around player in the league, and it will take more than one year of outperforming him to be considered the best player in the league.

Oh and how in the world is watching strike three trying too hard.

I am stunned that you are actually bashing Mike Trout. Geez he's the best thing that's ever happened since Arte bought the team.

I hope Trout wakes up and asks Arte to get him out of here. He could put up triple crown type numbers in a different situation.

Right on troll

Ok Strad you are a moderator so I get it. I've tried to explain to you and others that I feel Trout's performance is affected by the players he's surrounded by. The talent level just isn't there. Again he only has 77 at bats with RISP. That puts extra pressure on him to produce every time he comes up. His run producing opportunities are too few to allow him to fulfill his potential. The season is a bust because the team lacks enough talented hitters. I don't ever make it personal with you Strad but calling me a troll is really over the top. I'm done!

Edited by CALZONE

I am stunned that you are actually bashing Mike Trout. Geez he's the best thing that's ever happened since Arte bought the team.

I hope Trout wakes up and asks Arte to get him out of here. He could put up triple crown type numbers in a different situation.

I really hope he doesn't do that.

But then again, I'm a fan.

Edited by Jim