• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What's wrong with Mike Trout?

Angelsjunky

Two stats Harper is leading Trout and I hope Mike never catches him. One is being thrown out of games and the other is concussions. The later may lead to Harper being removed from the game before he hits his actual prime, he has 3 so far in his career.

The infamous wall kiss

iwJ08RL.gif

Collision at 2nd base in this season's opener

bryce-harper-collision-during-opening-da

Yesterday colliding with a 2nd baseman again, this time leaving him crumpled on the ground seeing stars for 5 minutes.

091315-MLB-Bryce-Harper-SS-PI.vresize.12

Two stats Harper is leading Trout and I hope Mike never catches him. One is being thrown out of games and the other is concussions. The later may lead to Harper being removed from the game before he hits his actual prime, he has 3 so far in his career.

The infamous wall kiss

iwJ08RL.gif

Collision at 2nd base in this season's opener

bryce-harper-collision-during-opening-da

Yesterday colliding with a 2nd baseman again, this time leaving him crumpled on the ground seeing stars for 5 minutes.

091315-MLB-Bryce-Harper-SS-PI.vresize.12

Chants of MVP MVP MVP for Bryce Harper this season are legit.

And yes it was mentioned before, but the Pete Reiser factor appears here.

Dude would have been one of the great OFers in the 1940s/1950s, if not for the concussions suffered running into back then largely wood/brick/cement OF walls.    And yes, WWII did interrupt his age 23-26 seasons. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

Claude this is you being you. You basically come in and take a position that will be controversial and shows either the Angels or a player, coach, front office or owner in a bad light. You're the strangest "fan" I've ever met. In person you're awesome. Your charitable stuff is something I truly admire. Your persona on here is almost the opposite of the real you.

It's his thing

And yes it was mentioned before, but the Pete Reiser factor appears here.

Dude would have been one of the great OFers in the 1940s/1950s, if not for the concussions suffered running into back then largely wood/brick/cement OF walls.    And yes, WWII did interrupt his age 23-26 seasons. 

AO, your analogy took 65 years to fruition. It kinda fails in that regard.

This will be an interesting MVP vote this season in the NL.  Harper should win the award on offense/WAR but writers seem to like to vote on players who are on teams who make the playoffs unless its too obvious to ignore or there is no clear cut choice.  The closest guy in terms of WAR on a team playoff bound is Anthony Rizzo at 5.9 WAR with a slash line of .278/.388/.911.  Great numbers but not close to Harper's.

This will be an interesting MVP vote this season in the NL. Harper should win the award on offense/WAR but writers seem to like to vote on players who are on teams who make the playoffs unless its too obvious to ignore or there is no clear cut choice. The closest guy in terms of WAR on a team playoff bound is Anthony Rizzo at 5.9 WAR with a slash line of .278/.388/.911. Great numbers but not close to Harper's.

That's really a very good point but yeah Harper's numbers have pretty much separated him from the rest. Then there's Greinke.......

That's really a very good point but yeah Harper's numbers have pretty much separated him from the rest. Then there's Greinke.......

And that might be the way they resolve the issue...Greinke's numbers are pretty incredible.

17-3 1.61 ERA 0.85 WHIP 27/29 Quality Starts with a ridiculous ERA+ of 232. 

I think he wins both Cy Young and MVP Awrds this season

This is how most people would have said what Claude was "saying"

-"Harper is having a better year than Trout"

Here is how Claude said it-

-"Trout is no longer the best player in baseball because his team sucks and he is going to ask to be traded"

Strad, go back and read the OP then read what I have said. I've never said that Trout sucks in fact I'm in his corner in regards to the lack of help that he has. Look at the facts.

In 2013 Trout had 136 at bats with RISP

In 2014 Trout had 118 at bats with RISP

In 2015 Trout has 77 at bats with RISP

That means that the offense is getting worse and Trout is getting less opportunities to produce. In 2011 Howie Kendrick had 141 at bats with RISP.

Don't you think that Trout is wasting away in such an inept situation. Oh by the way guess who is the biggest beneficiary out of this system. Yes it's Albert Pujols with 118 at bats with RISP but he's only hitting.228 in that situation. That doesn't get it done so yes I think that Trout is probably getting tired and would benefit with much better support and batting cleanup. Trout has to be put in a position to produce and he's not.

Edited by CALZONE

And that is contributing to only 77 rbis for Trout so far, despite the high OPS.

Increasing the number of base runners needs to be one of the most important priorities in the off-season.

Zobrist at 2B would be one of those who would fit that area of need, albeit turning 35 in May 2016.   That age would be a bit of a concern for 2B.

Edited by Angel Oracle

In game one of the Angels vs Seattle the 5 players hitting ahead of Mike Trout were 0-12. Aybar, Freese, Perez, Featherston and Calhoun.

That's what's wrong with Mike Trout.

Pathetic!

He has a .900+ OPS with RISP...he would have a hell of a lot more RBI if he had the opportunity. Just check out Donaldson's RBI numbers with a lineup that regularly has men on base