• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 9/8 vs. Dodgers

Ray McKigney

Everybody raise their hand who thought we would beat Grienke and Kershaw on consecutive nights.  If anybody does raise their hand, they are a liar.  Therefore the Angels are right on course, they have met expectations.

What kind of mentality is this?  So anytime we face a good pitcher assume its a loss?  

I guess by your logic theres no point in making the playoffs anyway.

Everybody raise their hand who thought we would beat Grienke and Kershaw on consecutive nights.  If anybody does raise their hand, they are a liar.  Therefore the Angels are right on course, they have met expectations.

Is the expectation that they would play horrible defense and shit the bed with RISP?  

If so, then yes.  They have met my expectations once again.   

Then we can't bitch about pitch framing

Pitch framing could still be in play if the computer is only used to call checked swings and to call pitches balls that are inside and outside (but not judge the high and low strike, which is more subjective based on batters stance)

Umpires union would be more likely to get behind this ad it does not eliminate jobs.

Edited by ScottLux

What kind of mentality is this?  So anytime we face a good pitcher assume its a loss?  

I guess by your logic theres no point in making the playoffs anyway.

I'm simply referring to these two games.  Is it realistic to believe that we would win these two games against the two best pitchers in baseball?  I would hope we would overcome the challenge and win, but I'm not surprised it didn't happen.  And therefore I ask again, is it something we should get all disturbed over?  I don't think so, the construction of the team and performance this year doesn't support the fact that we are under-performing in some way in these two games.  We don't have the horses to overcome these two guys at the moment.  If anything we have over-achieved by scoring as many runs as we did against this duo.

Or to try this another way, the Dodgers have a much better team than the Angels do at this moment.  But if you read many of the comments here, you would think we gave these games away.  I know it's the Dodgers, but I have to admit that $308M buys a lot of talent.

Edited by tomsred

I'm simply referring to these two games.  Is it realistic to believe that we would win these two games against the two best pitchers in baseball?  I would hope we would overcome the challenge and win, but I'm not surprised it didn't happen.  And therefore I ask again, is it something we should get all disturbed over?  I don't think so, the construction of the team and performance this year doesn't support the fact that we are under-performing in some way in these two games.  We don't have the horses to overcome these two guys at the moment.  If anything we have over-achieved by scoring as many runs as we did against this duo.

Or to try this another way, the Dodgers have a much better team than the Angels do at this moment.  But if you read many of the comments here, you would think we gave these games away.  I know it's the Dodgers, but I have to admit that $308M buys a lot of talent.

I can't argue with any of this except for the fact that they have done quite a bit to beat themselves.  They've played poor defense and have had chances on offense.  

It's not the losing.  It's the bad baseball.