• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Next Season

Stradling

Ok.. it looks like Miami is going to need a manager too..

I'd throw in Bandy or Perez along with Scioscia to get one of these top catching prospects.

Maybe the new GM can kill two birds with one stone.

Scioscia for Stanton straight up. We take on Stanton's salary and the Marlins owner will be happy. He doesn't care if they're losing if the payroll is low.

"There are actually a few things wrong with this statement".

Actually there aren't.

Weaver could be DFA'd and then traded (yes-if he agrees and why wouldn't he?) or if he doesn't agree then cut loose.  I hate to see the Weaver era end too but it's time for the Angels to move on if they want to keep competitive in the AL West.  His 82 mph fastball doesn't cut it as witnessed in Cleveland.  Hopefully he'll retire graciously after this year.  But he needs to go for if he doesn't either Skaggs or Shoemaker go to bullpen or AAA which doesn't make sense for their development and both of them need to be part of the starting five next year.  Both have proved they are major league starting pitchers.

What I said about Wilson is let him pitch until July to build up his value (it's his walk year btw so he should come out gunning for a big contract) and if Newcomb is ready then trade Wilson.  If Newcomb is ready in July there's definitely no reason to hold him back for he appears to be the Angels ace of the future.  If Newcomb's not ready and Wilson is pitching well then keep Wilson.

Keeping nonproductive players on the payroll just because they have big contracts doesn't make sense and it's clear Arte will get rid of such players as he did with Vernon Wells.

My response to the post was about reworking the Angels now in order to stay young and be competitive.  Heyward and Gordon are 27 and would bring in young productive players.  Weaver and Wilson doesn't accomplish the goal of getting younger and staying competitve.

Does  weaver not have a no trade clause ? And CJ we'd have to pay to make go away.  Its not a mid 90's video game guys.  And man, you guys are down on Richards.  Im more then willing to give him next year to prove himself. Coming off that injury, I expected that it would probably be tough for him to return to '14 form.  I think he can.  The stuff IS there and he's still young. Geez. I mean it obvious when you watch what he's got vs. Heaney.  I like Heaney but in terms of stuff its not the same.   Dee Gordon, Im almost tempted to want him just to watch AO self implode when he goes back to being a shitty baseball player.  Speed goes away and that is literally all Dee Gordan has.  I would love to see us get Heyward.  He's just the type of FA you want to sign and he fills a need for us well.  Im also a fan of the idea of signing Wieters.   

This.  I don't get the hate on Richards.  Its not like Santiago earlier this season pitching over his head.  Richards has some of the best stuff in baseball including having more spin on his fastball than anyone else according to statcast.  What I see is a guy who has great stuff that took until he was 26 to be able to put it all together and locate his pitches.  He didn't even get a full season in before getting injured.  Doesn't it make sense that it might take him a while to get back to that point? He has his dominant games, he just needs to work on consistency.  Although he does have a 72% quality start rate, so he's been pretty solid.  While I am not opposed to signing a proven frontline starter, I don't think it is the main priority.  2B>LF>C>bullpen>ace.

This.  I don't get the hate on Richards.  Its not like Santiago earlier this season pitching over his head.  Richards has some of the best stuff in baseball including having more spin on his fastball than anyone else according to statcast.  What I see is a guy who has great stuff that took until he was 26 to be able to put it all together and locate his pitches.  He didn't even get a full season in before getting injured.  Doesn't it make sense that it might take him a while to get back to that point? He has his dominant games, he just needs to work on consistency.  Although he does have a 72% quality start rate, so he's been pretty solid.  While I am not opposed to signing a proven frontline starter, I don't think it is the main priority.  2B>LF>C>bullpen>ace.

I really don't get the priority part here and it's not just you saying this so please enlighten me..  2B is our #1 priority?  Is Gia dead for good?  Freese is UFA in 2016, so how can 3B not even make your list.  Catcher 3rd??  Ianetta is the single worst catcher in all of MLB, especially offensively.  That's our #1 priority.  LF I get, I've been shilling for Cespedes all year.  Calhoun, Trout, Cespedes outfield/lineup?? Ridiculous..  Finally, we have arms that can move to the bullpen, we do need one more ace.  C>LF>ACE>3B>2B

TradeTrout to RSox for Swihart, Mookie Betts and Marget (their top OF prospect who is 20 - replace Calhoun in 3+ years).  Fish traded Miggy when he was 24.

Trouts irreplaceable but this gets a quality CF and top level catching prospect who's at the major league level and a top level OF prospect which the Angels don't have.

Trade for Dee Gordon or stay with Johnny G. or give Grant Green another chance?  Maybe T. Featherstone? 

Sign Heyward.

Give 3B to Cowart.

Ask Weaver very politely to retire or waive his no-trade clause.

Now this should get a lot of negative responses.

Before I ever considered listening to anyone about trading Trout, I'd have to have supreme confidence in a GM and his scouting/player- eval department. 

At this point we have NO GM and a bunch of drooling idiots in the FO.

No player is untouchable,  but when it comes to a guy like Trout, you need to be restocking with a whole lot of promising prospects (and some ML proven ones) to make it work. I have been around long enough to believe that every player is tradable for the right price.

But this whole FO would have to be a whole hell of a lot better before they would ever get what they deserve for him.

Precise?

There is no precise in baseball, especially in conjecture and speculation on some future trade..

And it aint quantity, it's quality AND quantity.

Baseball is a team game, and unless you haven't been paying attention, even Mike Trout cant win every game by himself.

How much will Heyward command in salary?    I love his defense and his athleticism, and he's a gap to gap hitter and not a power hitter which means he won't suffer thanks to the big RF wall at Angel Stadium.     How high is everyone willing to go to sign him, and knowing that the Halos will lose a first round pick for signing him?

There is a 2B in high-A who is potentially a solid prospect in Andrew Daniel.   But he's likely 1 to 1.5 years away, meaning Giovatella needs to man 2B again in 2016.

Could that be a better option than trading for a Dee Gordon?   

There is a lot the team can do for 2016 and beyond.   Now the question: has this franchise learned some lessons to where they will be more successful with the position players who they acquire going forward? 

Idaho alludes to the potential idea of trading Trout.

The Cowboys traded Herschel Walker for 11 Vikings players and draft picks back in the late 1980s.   

Of course, by that time Walker wasn't as highly thought of in the NFL as Trout is in MLB now.   

Edited by Angel Oracle

Lets be logical....I scary thought for some of us....

Weaver and Wilson will not be traded (maybe at the deadline, but who in the hell wants them or will take them. 

Santiago and Shoe may have some trade value.  Santiago if we push the first off of the season, and Shoe if we show them his rookie season and focus on the positive...maybe a move to Detriot

Richards, Heaney and Skaggs will be our future guys, not going to move them.  So...next years starting pitching:

Weaver, Wilson, Richards, Skaggs and Heaney, with Trop and Newcomb in AAA

So, what does that leave us with?

Can you move Santiago or Shoe for a 2bman with lead off skills?  Can you sign a guy to play LF (cespedes, Justin Upton?)  What about a catcher, I doubt we get Wieters, but a guy like Avila wouldn't be too horrible.  At some point we have to let the young guy play 3B...either Cowart or Kubitza. 

This team is not completely broke, it just looks that way.  We have moveable pieces.  I also think Arte needs to open his check book, he is responsible for this mess, let him spend his way out.

To be fair, it was Ksangel who dared to bring up the heretic thought of trading Trout.

Idaho is still aghast and in shock.

throw me in there, I'm super aghast and in shock.  I would be thrilled if we bring in Heyward and since we're just making shit up why not go after Chris Davis to be that DH/1b to split time with Albert in the field.  More important then getting a DH though is getting a catcher that is not horrible.  I think Wieters is a great guy to go after.