• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

2 minutes ago, nate said:

Say all you want.  Republicans have done nothing but gut education funding, and regulations which protect consumers for decades.  And especially this administration.

Education funding would be better off in the private sector.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

Just now, Lhalo said:

Education funding would be better off in the private sector.

Except this has been shown to be incredibly untrue.

Most private schools perform vastly inferior to their public school counterparts.  Only the top and most expensive private schools perform higher.

32 minutes ago, nate said:

Except this has been shown to be incredibly untrue.

Most private schools perform vastly inferior to their public school counterparts.  Only the top and most expensive private schools perform higher.

proof? 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

proof? 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/19/public-private-schools_n_6715050.html

And a recent Mensa journal study showed that students who attend public schools perform much better than the average private school student when they attend college.

Many private schools go unregulated and have almost no requirements for their teachers when it comes to being educators, they also heavily skew their teachings toward religion ignoring things like science, history, mathematics, etc.

Again, there are some private schools that perform very well, but it is a total fallacy that they are better.  Even in places like LAUSD where there are tons of shitty ass public schools.

On June 20, 2017 at 4:11 AM, Lou said:

The school I attended is at 97% over the last 5 years.

Santa Margarita HS: 2016 = 99%  2017 = 100%

Servite HS: 97%

Connelly : 100%

Mater Dei : 97.5%

Orange Lutheran: 98%

Looks like i underestimated them. How does your school stack up? 

3 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I get that, I just don't understand why it is singular. Maybe the entire practice should be eliminated.

The MLA is supposed to protect service members from predatory loans and financial products. But the White House appears willing to change the rules in a way that critics say would take away some of those protections.

"If the White House does this, it will be manipulating the Military Lending Act regulations at the behest of auto dealers and banks to try and make it easier to sell overpriced rip-off products to military service members," says Christopher Peterson, a law professor at the University of Utah, who reviewed the documents.

yeah, shouldn't all of us be protected from this?

1 hour ago, nate said:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/19/public-private-schools_n_6715050.html

And a recent Mensa journal study showed that students who attend public schools perform much better than the average private school student when they attend college.

Many private schools go unregulated and have almost no requirements for their teachers when it comes to being educators, they also heavily skew their teachings toward religion ignoring things like science, history, mathematics, etc.

Again, there are some private schools that perform very well, but it is a total fallacy that they are better.  Even in places like LAUSD where there are tons of shitty ass public schools.

https://atoday.org/study-of-education-outcomes-places-adventist-schools-significantly-ahead-of-public-schools/

i can testify that in the adventist system, we are all required to be certified to teach in an adventist school. because we're a private school, it is not a requirement for us to have a state teaching certification, though we are welcome to do so (and many have). we have our own requirements that mirror what public educators are required to do, and we have to renew our credential every 5-6 years via continuing education, higher education classes, summer school, webinars, professional development, etc. You are misinformed if you think otherwise, at least for our system.

i also want you to know that we do not ignore history and science. we approach the beginning of life from a creationist viewpoint as that is what we believe, but we also teach about evolution - the primary difference being that we don't believe life came into existence randomly or by chance. if you would have visited my class when i taught science, you would have heard exactly that.

sometimes your conclusions really concern me.

3 hours ago, nate said:

That is the dumbest sensationalized tweet ever.

You could take every tweet someone has made both reasonable and unreasonable and find hundreds of trolls who argue with it.

signed, 

the AW King of Tweets

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

You are misinformed if you think otherwise, at least for our system.

it's not limited to your system. it's the same garbage he's been spewing for years, with no actual knowledge of the situation. 

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

https://atoday.org/study-of-education-outcomes-places-adventist-schools-significantly-ahead-of-public-schools/

i can testify that in the adventist system, we are all required to be certified to teach in an adventist school. because we're a private school, it is not a requirement for us to have a state teaching certification, though we are welcome to do so (and many have). we have our own requirements that mirror what public educators are required to do, and we have to renew our credential every 5-6 years via continuing education, higher education classes, summer school, webinars, professional development, etc. You are misinformed if you think otherwise, at least for our system.

i also want you to know that we do not ignore history and science. we approach the beginning of life from a creationist viewpoint as that is what we believe, but we also teach about evolution - the primary difference being that we don't believe life came into existence randomly or by chance. if you would have visited my class when i taught science, you would have heard exactly that.

sometimes your conclusions really concern me.

Fortunately, creationism is banned from public schools, since there are absolutely no facts supporting it.  It is pretty sad that "educators" feed such propaganda and falsehoods to the youth of this world, but that is another story for another time.

Anyway, there are plenty of articles out there supporting and against it, most of them come down to prejudice, like "Adventist today" or the Cato Institute that supports privatizing schools.

http://bostonreview.net/us/snyder-public-private-charter-schools-demographics-incentives-markets

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090226093423.htm

And your school might require their teachers to be credentialed but many do not.

13 minutes ago, nate said:

I know you are trolling, but I feel that I must state that it takes usually 2-4 years for this kind of shit to show up in the economy.

trolling? that's so weak. I'll try and refrain from asking you legitimate questions.

And by the way, the Republican budget cuts that have cut money from public education have done nothing to push to privatize it, it has in fact usually gone to tax cuts for people who don't need it, or a huge tax incentive for whatever big doner needed.

fyi, about 10 years after graduating from college, I signed up to take the CBEST. 

i forgot all about it until she reminded me the night before. later that evening I had a horrible allergy attack and ended up going to urgent care at 3am. with not a minute sleep I was taking the test at 8am.

piece of cake. 

fyi II, all teachers at my school were credentialed, too.

i took  the CBEST the first year it was offered. Aced the crap out of it.

at my college, all education majors had to take it their senior year in order to get a job - they started this the year when i was finishing my teaching credentials.