• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Immigration: Democrats to introduce bill with pathway to citizenship (cnbc.com)

Based on what this article highlights, I don't think this is a bad proposal as long as the "border technology" will make it more difficult for people trying to enter illegally from this point on. I also think anyone here illegally that has a criminal record should be deported. We have enough of our own criminals to deal with 

A pathway to citizenship for everyone just seems absurd to me. You are effectively saying that entering illegally is a legitimate form of immigration, that is potentially more effective than legal entry. It's even worse that the majority of these people will end up registered democrats and voting in the next few years. If you came as a minor sure, but otherwise anything more than legal status as a permanent resident seems excessive.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

A pathway to citizenship for everyone just seems absurd to me. You are effectively saying that entering illegally is a legitimate form of immigration, that is potentially more effective than legal entry. It's even worse that the majority of these people will end up registered democrats and voting in the next few years. If you came as a minor sure, but otherwise anything more than legal status as a permanent resident seems excessive.

I’m assuming a “path to citizenship” means there will be requirements that they will have to fill that are similar to others looking to become citizens. Obviously these things are not spelled out in the article so there should be some skepticism.  I do understand that this is important to the Dems because of the votes. 

14 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Isn't this exactly what Reagan did?

11 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

The least she can do after all the damage she has caused the state.

Ocasio-Cortez raises $1 million for Texas relief in 4 hours
https://www.pix11.com/news/national-news/ocasio-cortez-raises-1-million-for-texas-relief-in-4-hours

oh shit.  Redondo, where is the Branco comic strip of this happening. 

23 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

oh shit.  Redondo, where is the Branco comic strip of this happening. 

He's probably working on it as we speak. I'm sure it will be a masterpiece. 

According to right wing pundits unless Cruz was out there defrosting pipes himself there was obviously nothing he could do.

Sean Hannity and Right-Wing Media Rush to Defend Ted Cruz’s Cancun Getaway
https://news.yahoo.com/sean-hannity-wing-media-rush-221253823.html

10 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

He's probably working on it as we speak. I'm sure it will be a masterpiece. 

According to right wing pundits unless Cruz was out there defrosting pipes himself there was obviously nothing he could do.

Sean Hannity and Right-Wing Media Rush to Defend Ted Cruz’s Cancun Getaway
https://news.yahoo.com/sean-hannity-wing-media-rush-221253823.html

Lets see what could Ted have done.  I think a Senator could start by looking into a deregulated company in his state who has been paid to run the power grid and maintain it but did no maintenance is a start.  Look at some price gouging where some people paid $30 per kw hour and are now being charged $9000 per kw hour would be a good thing for a Senator to do. 

I know I am on a plan, 2 year contracts where I pay a set kw hour.  I pay more in the winter just to keep the summer costs down so it evens out. I have been trying to go to my electric company site and log in just to make sure and conveniently for the last few days it says "Site down for maintenance."

9 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Lets see what could Ted have done.  I think a Senator could start by looking into a deregulated company in his state who has been paid to run the power grid and maintain it but did no maintenance is a start.  Look at some price gouging where some people paid $30 per kw hour and are now being charged $9000 per kw hour would be a good thing for a Senator to do. 

I know I am on a plan, 2 year contracts where I pay a set kw hour.  I pay more in the winter just to keep the summer costs down so it evens out. I have been trying to go to my electric company site and log in just to make sure and conveniently for the last few days it says "Site down for maintenance."

I missed the part where any of this leads to a sweet vacation at the Ritz in Cancun.