• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

It is pretty bad optics and he probably should have stayed around but Cruz is a Senator so there really isn't much he can do other than show support with the governor and local officials. 

There's plenty he can do with just his political capital alone. If he doesn't want to do that I'm sure find some other way to help. 

Beto O'Rourke is organizing wellness checks for seniors during Texas' blackouts. Ted Cruz is in Cancun.
https://theweek.com/speedreads/967589/beto-orourke-organizing-wellness-checks-seniors-during-texas-blackouts-ted-cruz-cancun

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The constant climate denialism and the lying about green energy is way worse than his dumb trip to Cancun.  

People think that climate change is some bomb that one day is going to explode and it’ll all be over.  What it is is a gradual change in weather patterns that results increasingly intense and unpredictable weather that results in catastrophic events. Climate change is already here.  Texas is just another example.  It’ll just keep getting worse. 

I really wish you weren't right, but I think you are.

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The constant climate denialism and the lying about green energy is way worse than his dumb trip to Cancun.  

People think that climate change is some bomb that one day is going to explode and it’ll all be over.  What it is is a gradual change in weather patterns that results increasingly intense and unpredictable weather that results in catastrophic events. Climate change is already here.  Texas is just another example.  It’ll just keep getting worse. 

To me at least, the larger effect is the human movement and resource competition that may arise from this. Like in my mind, I don't really give a shit if we get more or less thunderstorms here (or whatever event) because of climate change. And I really don't care if the coastline comes in a bit and some people need to move/rebuild their ocean front property. In the grand scheme of things, these are pretty minor issues. But what I do care about are the long term grand scale effects that result in resource scarcity and resultant migrations, especially in poorer areas of the world. To me that's really the biggest threat. It's large populations of people losing their livelihood and needing to move/compete for resources in other areas that will be the worst effect of climate change. After all, most human conflicts boil down to resource competition in the end... the other reasons given are usually BS to motivate the populace.  

20 minutes ago, Don said:

To me at least, the larger effect is the human movement and resource competition that may arise from this. Like in my mind, I don't really give a shit if we get more or less thunderstorms here (or whatever event) because of climate change. And I really don't care if the coastline comes in a bit and some people need to move/rebuild their ocean front property. In the grand scheme of things, these are pretty minor issues. But what I do care about are the long term grand scale effects that result in resource scarcity and resultant migrations, especially in poorer areas of the world. To me that's really the biggest threat. It's large populations of people losing their livelihood and needing to move/compete for resources in other areas that will be the worst effect of climate change. After all, most human conflicts boil down to resource competition in the end... the other reasons given are usually BS to motivate the populace.  

Right.  You don’t really have to think that hard about the unimaginable endless crisis that this becomes.  There are so many different disasters we aren’t even thinking about that come as a consequence.  Over the years here I’ve mentioned many times when our conservative pals complain about immigration.  If they don’t like that what do they think it looks like when we have massive human migration related to climate change ? Most of the worlds population lives in proximity to coastal areas.  

fuck heads like Ted Cruz know this.  They just don’t care.  They think then when the time comes we’ll just have walls and shoot these people.  I’ve got news for the Redondo’s of the world.  They aren’t opening the gates for him.  They’ll blow him away with the rest of them. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

If they don’t like that what do they think it looks like when we have massive human migration related to climate change ? Most of the worlds population lives in proximity to coastal areas. 

They deal with this by sticking their head in the sand and pretending there isn't a climate crisis happening.

8 hours ago, Redondo said:

Baltimore activist suggests paying killers not to commit murder

An activist in Baltimore, Md., has come up with a unique solution to solving the city's high murder rate -- paying killers not to kill, according to a report. 

"I can relate to the shooters, guess what they want? They want money," Tyree Moorehead, the activist told FOX 45 of Baltimore.

Moorehead, who the Baltimore Sun reported spent more than a decade in prison on a second-degree murder conviction tied to a shooting at 15, suggests certain measures the city has taken to stop the bloodshed aren't enough.

"I've talked to these people, I've seen the shooters, it’s a small city, I know who the hustlers are," he continued. 

Baltimore has continued to experience a high rate of killings and shootings, despite a decline in many categories of crime during the coronavirus pandemic last year. 

In 2020, the city eclipsed 300 homicides for the sixth year in a row, while recording more than 1,000 shootings.

oh yeah, what could possibly go wrong with this idea?

congratulations to baltimore on passing the first tax to prevent murder!

Just now, Tank said:

oh yeah, what could possibly go wrong with this idea?

congratulations to baltimore on passing the first tax to prevent murder!

You’re of course aware that a Fox News what if story designed specifically to make reactionary old white people shit in their depends is not the same as something that is actually happening. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Unless you are willing to force everyone to stop having kids nothing we do matters much

The Chinese and Indians will adjust as necessary.  The Chinese already have far more ambitious plans to change the way they do things.  Of course not enough, but better than we do.  The Europeans light years ahead of China and the US.  In any case the Chinese will get there.  The United States remains a massive carbon emitter.  #2 in the world, what we do does matter.  

you deal with what you can control.