• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Poll: Biggest responsibility for past 3+ seasons?

Biggest responsibility for the past 3+ seasons?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who bears the biggest responsibility for the past 3+ seasons?

• Arte Moreno
    • Tony Reagins
    • Mike Scioscia
    • Mike Butcher
    • Eddie Bane
    • The position players
    • The pitchers
    • Ric Wilson
    • Jerry Dipoto
    • Mickey Hatcher
    • Rob Picciolo
    • Jim Eppard
    • Steve Soliz
    • Other

Reagins.

I'd also point out that Adenhart's death set the Angel's back substantially from a baseball standpoint. Not only did we lose him, but we lost a plethora of farm talent through a series of trades that tried to fill a rotation spot (Kazmir, Haren, Greinke). Sure a lot of those guys didn't work out, but they could have been moved to fill another spot besides SP. Our rotation could be

Weaver

Wilson

Adenhart

Vargas OR Hanson

Skaggs

i always blame the players.  There was an ESPN poll a few years back ranking the level of importance between head coaching or manager in football, basketball, baseball, etc.  The preponderance had baseball as the lowest.  They talked about the baseball manager's biggest decision is filling out the lineup and then sit back to watch the game.  Of course, there is more to it.  But just how difficult woul dit have been to manage those Yankee powerhouse teams?

The other thing that I have noticed in this grand old game is when the teams' offense is really weak, the pitching staff does better to make up for it.  Conversely, when a team is loaded with offense, the pitchers in some psychological way figure the offense score enough runs to make up for a few mistakes.  It seems to me that a manager's biggest challenge is to try to motivate a player with a guaranteed long-term contract. 

What AngelsLakersFan said earlier.

Considering we don't have a 1st round pick and it's corresponding slot money (granted, this draft is really weak) it's going to be quite some time, unless we get phenomenally fortunate with players reaching the top projections, till we have a league average farm system.

This team is clearly designed to win in the next 4 years. I hope we do. We are likely facing a Houston Astros-lite rebuild after that with the remnants of Pujols and Hamilton's contracts on the books, Trout making $15 or $20 million through arbitration and few controllable players with talent to fill out the rest of the team.

Reagins.

I'd also point out that Adenhart's death set the Angel's back substantially from a baseball standpoint. Not only did we lose him, but we lost a plethora of farm talent through a series of trades that tried to fill a rotation spot (Kazmir, Haren, Greinke). Sure a lot of those guys didn't work out, but they could have been moved to fill another spot besides SP. Our rotation could be

Weaver

Wilson

Adenhart

Vargas OR Hanson

Skaggs

So, in actuality, it was that drunk asshole who killed Adenhart.

I was listening to a baseball analyst on ESPN today (I don't recall who). He brought up the point that our current roster is not constructed of Mike Scioscia-type players (i. e., speed and defense), so managing this club goes against many of his instincts. The analyst further said that there is nothing to be gained by firing Scioscia since most of the alternatives better than our current manager are "retired and out of the game", and that firing managers during the season "is for teams with no plan."

This same analyst said that you can't judge a team two weeks into the season. He said that he has no concerns about the offense, but he does about the pitching.

I was listening to a baseball analyst on ESPN today (I don't recall who). He brought up the point that our current roster is not constructed of Mike Scioscia-type players (i. e., speed and defense), so managing this club goes against many of his instincts. The analyst further said that there is nothing to be gained by firing Scioscia since most of the alternatives better than our current manager are "retired and out of the game", and that firing managers during the season "is for teams with no plan."

This same analyst said that you can't judge a team two weeks into the season. He said that he has no concerns about the offense, but he does about the pitching.

This "analyst" works for ESPN? OK....