• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Poll: Biggest responsibility for past 3+ seasons?

Biggest responsibility for the past 3+ seasons?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who bears the biggest responsibility for the past 3+ seasons?

• Arte Moreno
    • Tony Reagins
    • Mike Scioscia
    • Mike Butcher
    • Eddie Bane
    • The position players
    • The pitchers
    • Ric Wilson
    • Jerry Dipoto
    • Mickey Hatcher
    • Rob Picciolo
    • Jim Eppard
    • Steve Soliz
    • Other

hasn't moreno said that he isn't the one responsible for these free agent signings?

He many not specifically say "go get player X and offer him Z dollars" but I strongly suspect he puts pressure on the front office to make a big splash moves which will generate hype and recognition factor. Combine that with a mandate to compete every year (like the Yankees' saying), despite having an empty farm system, doesn't in reality give the GM much choice but to spend big on one of a few top shelf free agents each offseason.

For example after missing out on Adrian Beltre, the best course of action should've been to stand pat. Arte likely instructed Reagins to make *some* kind of move no matter what, and that doing nothing was not an option, hence the Vernon Wells fiasco. 

Was 2002 filled with Scioscia-type players? Our team was littered with all bat bad glove players.

A terrible, simple narrative lazy media folks use.

I disagree. 2002 was a pitching and defense oriented team. The difference was that the pitching was in the pen, and the level of offensive performance was unexpected.

Scioscia is a small ball manager, but he seems smart enough to know that bunting and stealing constantly are not the go to strategies for an offense with enough firepower to lead the league in runs potentially.

I voted Scioscia. He doesn't appear to be a good leader or motivator. After reading the Butcher article it seems his coaches are way too comfortable and arrogant. No wonder our team doesn't care and plays so apathetically. Fire the entire coaching staff and let's try again.

No doubt I hold the players and pitchers responsible as well.

I voted for Arte, but EVERYONE has let this franchise down since 2010, from Arte to the FO to the coaching staff to the players to the farm system to the foreign presence.

This is a total cluster bomb quickly heading into the image of the Lastros, the only difference being how much money the owner spends.