• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

22-23 since Jerry quit.

Ohtaniland

It really started with Trout's injury and the subsequent trades.  Record is 6-14 since Trout went down.

Trout has been slumping since the injury, and with the exception of Murphy, these trades have not helped this team one bit.  Victorino and DeJesus have been just painful to watch.

Make Cron the everyday DH and Murphy the everyday LFer, and keep Giavotella at the leadoff spot.  Sosh should also consider swapping Trout and Pujols in the batting order.

I did not ask that question.  I am all for Cron playing more.  I have been all season.  Whatever player is hitting the best should be in LF.

There is just one little hitch in your plan, there is no "best" hitter."  If you consider Cron to be the best, put him out there, screw the defense, and maybe they won't hit it there all night.  That's panic at its best!

I heard a stat today, and it may deserve its own thread, but the Angels are in jeopardy of having their first losing month since July of 2013. Basically about 12 straight winning months, that is pretty impressive and incredibly consistent. So far they are 6-10, so they play 13 more games, and will have to start hitting in order to end up at 15-14 for this month, so they would have to go 9-4 over the next 13. OGAAT!

Edited by Stradling

I heard a stat today, and it may deserve its own thread, but the Angels are in jeopardy of having their first losing month since July of 2013. Basically about 12 straight winning months, that is pretty impressive and incredibly consistent. So far they are 6-10, so they play 13 more games, and will have to start hitting in order to end up at 15-14 for this month, so they would have to go 9-4 over the next 13. OGAAT!

Sorry Strad but....

They were 0-1 in March last season and 0-3 in October. But I get what you're saying.

Hi jerry...

Don't confuse "Troll" Jerry with the real Jerry.  They are easy to tell apart, "Troll" Jerry can't read, the real Jerry was an intelligent guy.  It's my bad, I thought I could help Troll Jerry by giving him some facts.  I'm sorry to say it was like pissing into the Pacific Ocean.

Brad100.jpg

Edited by tomsred

So with the Angels being 21-20 we have almost an identical winning percent as we had with Jerry. If we had lost Scioscia instead we'd probably be 41-0 in the last 41 games.

Realistically more like 23-18, but every game counts

Realistically more like 23-18, but every game counts

Sure, go with that. I can't aruge it, I mean I could, but it would be hypothetical, just like your 23-18. But I have read in the past that a great manager is worth somewhere between 3-5 wins a year. You can argue Sosh isn't a great manager, but you would look pretty foolish trying to argue that over the course of his career he is below average.

I would like to have seen Jerry's full plan finished....

The past two offseasons, he acquired Skaggs, Santiago, Heaney and Tropeano.  Going into next year our starting pitching available is:

Weaver, Wilson, Richards, Santiago, Skaggs, Heaney, Tropeano and Shoemaker.  Newcomb has a chance to be thrown in the mix as well.

If I was a gambling man (truly a no brainer on my part), my early projection for next season:

Richards, Weaver, Heaney and Skaggs

Leaving Shoe, Trop, Wilson and Santiago battling for the fifth spot or (trading high with Santiago), trade bait to fill the LF or 2B hole.

I would like to have seen Jerry's full plan finished....

The past two offseasons, he acquired Skaggs, Santiago, Heaney and Tropeano.  Going into next year our starting pitching available is:

Weaver, Wilson, Richards, Santiago, Skaggs, Heaney, Tropeano and Shoemaker.  Newcomb has a chance to be thrown in the mix as well.

If I was a gambling man (truly a no brainer on my part), my early projection for next season:

Richards, Weaver, Heaney and Skaggs

Leaving Shoe, Trop, Wilson and Santiago battling for the fifth spot or (trading high with Santiago), trade bait to fill the LF or 2B hole.

Dream on, but to be a top tier team you need between 10-12 MLB ready starting pitchers leaving Spring Training.  We started with Weaver, Wilson, Richards, Santiago and Shoemaker. On reserve we had Heaney, and Tropeano.  Skaggs was on the DL.  Newcomb, Smith, and Ellis weren't there yet, and maybe still aren't there yet.  We had a spot starter we lost in April - Rasmus. 

Now where are we?  We've lost Wilson, and Weaver missed a good portion of the season due to ineffectiveness and health.  Shoemaker has had some rough spells, and is now in AAA.  So we've pulled up Heaney to team with Richards, Santiago and Weaver, and will probably add Tropeano to the ML roster later this week.  Skaggs is still on the DL, and Newcomb, Smith and Ellis are not really ready yet, and who really knows when they will be.  Rasmus has had his issues in short relief, must less starting.

I don't think that starting pitching group should be labeled "deep" at all.  One or two starter injuries, and this team is toast.  It also can't compare, yet, to the very top tier teams who have bona fide Grade A starting aces.

We need some position players already here to step up, we're not going to be able to give up what starting pitching we do have for position fill ins.  This team is just what it's shown, a top one-third team in the majors, with an outside ability to get hot and possibly get into go deep in the playoffs.  It's the pitching that will limit it in the end, the matchups against the top 4-6 teams aren't that pretty.  There is a chance, but it's a very low percentage play.

Edited by tomsred