• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Every time I see Torii...

I think we all knew that we should re-sign Torii

It was a bad move.

I actually wanted us to let Torii walk and keep both Bourjos and Morales on the team, I said so at the time even though this was not a popular sentiment on the forum.

When Greinke signed with LAD I wanted the Angels to either move on to other pitchers or stand pat.

Blanton was already one of the crappiest pitchers before they signed him.

Any NL West (Dodgers) pitcher with a ERA in the upper 4.90's is gonna get pwned in the AL.

His agent is a genius getting Dipoto to sign him for more than 1 million a year.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

Every time I see Tori I think back to when late in the season he says he loves playing for the angels, wants to finish his career with the Angels and...would play for almost "nothing" to remain an Angel.  So when then Angels offer him 7.5 Mil he says "nah" and walks away. Yeah, the Angels were pursuing Greinke and asked him to sit tight until the deal was made. But Tori wouldn't wait.  That's what I remember.

we didnt choose to not keep Grienke, i wish people would get over that.. he likes to hit, we werent going to keep him without seriously overpaying more than the dogs did.

as for torii, yeah i would have preferred to keep him over the debochle weve had in that last of spot the last few.

Every time I see Tori I think back to when late in the season he says he loves playing for the angels, wants to finish his career with the Angels and...would play for almost "nothing" to remain an Angel.  So when then Angels offer him 7.5 Mil he says "nah" and walks away. Yeah, the Angels were pursuing Greinke and asked him to sit tight until the deal was made. But Tori wouldn't wait.  That's what I remember.

That's my recollection as well.

I remember it differently.

I remember Torrii really turned it on towards the end of the season and it was almost guaranteed he would return. He was the clubhouse leader after all. The offseason came around, they couldn't stay in the run for Greinke because the Dodgers were going to outbid us and so we decided to save money. We told Torii we just didn't have the money in the payroll for him to stick around. He headed off to Detroit and then a few weeks later we signed Hamilton. Torii was pissed at arte at first for lying to him, I remember him making some comments about just being straight up.

You remember it wrong. They did tell Torrii they didn't have the money but that was because they were pursuing Greinke. While in that pursuit Torrii signed with Detroit. Then we all know what happened to Greinke, so the money they had set aside for Greinke they used towards Hamilton.