• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels tv ratings in bottom 3 of baseball

yk9001

Whoever said people are bandwagon douche nozzles is correct.  I think people have seen this narrative from the Angels before.  Get hot in midseason and then disappear in the postseason when it counts.  

I assume if and when we win a World Series all of these numbers will be through the roof.  People in Southern California love a good bandwagon, especially in Orange County.  Just look at what making a World Series did for the Royals franchise, all of a sudden they were doing all star voting numbers like they were China voting for Yao Ming.   

Yet they have a massive TV contract. Thank you Albert. Oh and to say this has something to do with Arte is laughingly idiotic. Remember what it was like when we use to have 50 games a year televised? It sucked, but the ratings were probably better.

That article is frustrating to read–everything is written in an obfuscating way.  

The original source is far more informative:

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2015/07/13/Media/MLB-RSNs.aspx

Also the thread title is completely inaccurate. The Angels are not in the bottom 3 in ratings.

My bad. Angels are fourth worst rating.

You'd think that more southwest Californians would want to know more about getting your hands through the zone, like Gubi talks about.

The California market is over-saturated.

Also people are bandwagoning, frontrunning, douchenozzles.

agreed. The dogs are understandable because of the cable thing, but both teams are also competing with each other. Obviouwly so are the yanks and mets, but la fans arent as die hard as east coast fans. It is what it is

Personally, I still blame Rex  Hudler.

Doesnt' seem to be hurting the Royals... in fact he and Physioc were actaully specifically giving fans instructions on how to register dummy email accounts and vote for undeserving KC Royals players to get into the all star game. Rob Manfred had to conveniently "correct some anomalies" in the voting [read: ignore the voting completely] to prevent the ASG being the Royals + Trout.