• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lost In The All Star Game Excitement

Blarg

I've never really been an ARod fan and you very well may be right. I've just been floored by his turnaround this year. I would have bet a significant amount of money that the Yankees would have either released him, he would have been a shell of himself or he would have done something stupid again to plaster his name in a negative way in every headline. None of those things happened.

You'd shut up and do the right thing to keep the $25 mil checks coming.

This was the first time he's allowed runs in the all star game. One team has his number in the post season the last 2 years. Other than that he's easily the best pitcher in baseball since 2011. Unless you think the 144 starts and nearly 1,000 innings of regular season work don't hold meaning.

As for A-Rod, I am a HOF voter and I vote for Bonds, Clemens, Piazza.

I am not sure I could vote for A-Rod.

I feel like the other guys were just a product of their era. They used steroids when MLB didn't care to stop anyone, so I don't feel it's my place to retroactively enact discipline.

But A-Rod is different. He got suspended. (Manny Ramirez is the same. He'll probably be a good indicator for what A-Rod will face.)

I still may end up voting for him. His first time on the ballot is about 7 years away and his last time is 17 years away, so who knows how the voters will think.

My point is that there is no way you can say for now he is definitely getting in.

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

The PED guys will not get in during their lifetimes, I think.   In about 50 years or so their cases will be reevaluated and eventually the veterans committee might say "yeah, they were juicing but so were the pitchers.  Bonds and Rodriguez woulda made it even without the PEDs, they each would have had 500 HR.  So yeah, let em in."  But I don't think either will be alive when they're inducted.