• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: With delivery fixed, Angels' Andrew Heaney could be special

And now, after almost a half-season of more positive than negative results in the Pacific Coast League’s famously difficult conditions, Heaney is succeeding. The 24-year-old left-hander, the best pitching prospect to come through the system in several years, has fired two excellent starts to begin his Angels career.

He attributes it in part to the frequent video analysis suggested by the team’s staffers. He’s also pitching faster, with a more standardized tempo between offerings, lending repeatability to his delivery.

“There’s more of an openness, a willingness, to look at video here,” Heaney said. “And have it readily available in general with the Angels as opposed to the Marlins.”

I don't think the Scioscia camp is quite as old school as we all believe. I do think they probably place more value on "feel" though.

More I read more I think that the Dipoto/Scioscia rift was more about personalities and quibbling instead of a deep philosophical difference, with blame falling more on either or both sides.

Say there is a guy at work who is very talented and an asset but constantly aggravates everyone to the point where, even if his work is successful and his ideas are great, is just such a pain to be around that you don't want to be around him or take his feedback.

Edited by totdprods

I don't think the Scioscia camp is quite as old school as we all believe. I do think they probably place more value on "feel" though.

More I read more I think that the Dipoto/Scioscia rift was more about personalities and quibbling instead of a deep philosophical difference, with blame falling more on either or both sides.

Say there is a guy at work who is very talented and an asset but constantly aggravates everyone to the point where, even if his work is successful and his ideas are great, is just such a pain to be around that you don't want to be around him or take his feedback.

This basically described one of my bosses. Part of the reason I'm actively searching for jobs. 

This basically described one of my bosses. Part of the reason I'm actively searching for jobs.

I'm in the exact same position in my two jobs, but on both sides. At my corporate day job, I'm very entrenched in the old-school methods passed down to me by my old boss who had been with the company for 20 years before being laid off as they downsized and eliminated roles. I'm now the "old" guy pushing the "way things used to be" trying to adapt to a company trying to progress

On the flip side, at my hobby career, I am pushing new-age stuff like crazy. Studying metrics and numbers and formulas and trying to push a new strategy at one of groups I represent, who are reluctant.

The end result? Fault could lie at the feet of either party, but that doesn't mean that party's way is wrong. Just different. I think there's an equivalent chance that the FO philosophy stars JD's course under Klentak and Co., with Stoneman playing mediator and adviser, just as there is a chance of the doom and gloom scenarios people are painting here.

End of the day, it's a game! We had bad and good seasons under both MS and JD. Par the course going ahead...

I think the focus has shifted away from Heaney's adjustments and back toward a common conversation found in just about every thread on here, Dipoto vs. Scioscia/Moreno.

Where I'd like to see this thread go is discuss what moves the Angels may need to make in order to ensure Heaney stays in the rotation. He's the future of the pitching side of this team and needs to remain in the majors.

The BEST solution is to keep him and say a very difficult goodbye to one of the best pitchers we ever had in Jered Weaver. But his expiration date is upon us.

An ACCEPTABLE solution is to either shift Shoemaker into an extended relief role or find a way to make the fabled Wilson-Ethier trade happen.

The LIKELY solution is the team will continue it's archaic ways of veteran bias and Heaney will be sent back to AAA in order to make room for Weaver has his 85 mph fastball.

Remember that Weave will have extra energy from missing these 3-4 weeks. It might be what gets him started again.

Think the Raviners would jump on Ethier for Nibs?
Halos would likely have to include another player.

As for lead off guy, Giovatella is looking more like Eckstein each week.

Edited by Angel Oracle