• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Prelude to a Trade?

TEMPORARY INACTIVE LIST- This list is used only during the season for short absences and may be used at the team's discretion for bereavement leave, family events which require a player to be away from his team, or other non-injury related reasons.. Players placed on the temporary inactive list must remain on the list for a minimum of three consecutive days. 

Thus why i was pissed that JD left mid season.

Guys and Girls....I hope I am wrong but while I recognize his accomplishments and recognize that he makes some sense as interim GM right now, if Stoneman is really going to be calling the shots, we aren't making any deadline deals. Period. His history is rather clear---when Alex Ocho is your most significant acquisition in eight seasons at the deadline, it's obviously not your thing....

Hope I'm wrong....

TEMPORARY INACTIVE LIST- This list is used only during the season for short absences and may be used at the team's discretion for bereavement leave, family events which require a player to be away from his team, or other non-injury related reasons.. Players placed on the temporary inactive list must remain on the list for a minimum of three consecutive days. 

Most likely it's nothing (hopefully neither of these guys lost a family member), but it seems like quite the coincidence. Could be a trade is in the works and these two have been agreed upon and the rest is being worked out.

But again, it's most likely nothing trade related.

BTW the Brewers in their recent hot streak are now just 7.5 games out of the 2nd WC. Their hopes of winning the division are gone but the WC is not entirely out of reach for them. They may not be ready to sell just yet.

With every game they win, their management will continue to think they are better than they really are.

TEMPORARY INACTIVE LIST- This list is used only during the season for short absences and may be used at the team's discretion for bereavement leave, family events which require a player to be away from his team, or other non-injury related reasons.. Players placed on the temporary inactive list must remain on the list for a minimum of three consecutive days.

That's about the time for herpes and crabs to clear up right? Asking those in the know here.

I looked all over for a Scioscia FATHEAD. I wanted to hold it up every time he challenged a play. So at least three times a game.

lol

If he wins a challenge you need to hold up the picture where hes laughing and you see his junk

If he loses it needs to be a shot of him looking perturbed in the dugout from the railing

That would be awesome. There isn't a Sosh fathead?

Nope. Just checked the site and there isn't a thing for the Big Catorce. Not sure that they do manager Fatheads. You can get Trout, Pujols, Weaver and Shoemaker, and a couple of historical ones of Jim Abbott and Rod Carew.

There is a cap you can tip, however.

Nope. Just checked the site and there isn't a thing for the Big Catorce. Not sure that they do manager Fatheads. You can get Trout, Pujols, Weaver and Shoemaker, and a couple of historical ones of Jim Abbott and Rod Carew.

There is a cap you can tip, however.

You are welcome.

Reasonably priced too.

http://www.shindigz.com/party/big-head-cardboard-cutouts/pgp/11szksbigh

Gott-Revere was actually a pretty decent deal.  Generally speaking, leadoff hitters and everyday players can usually effect the outcome of a game more frequently than a RP.  The fact is we would've gotten a cheap leadoff LHB to play LF, where his speed would be an asset and in return, all we had to pay was a RP in AA.  So at the time, it was a good deal. 

Would I make the trade now?  I don't think so.  Gott has come up and made himself indispensable.  Without him, the 7th inning suddenly becomes a very turbulent time of game for the Angels.  However, if Morin, Bedrosian or even Salas would actually pitch the way they're capable of, then trading Gott wouldn't have been a big deal. 

But as I said before, while the Phils and Angels likely spoke about Gott, I was not told he was the piece the Angels and Phillies were hung up on.  The Phillies were asking for a starting pitcher and denied a deal that would've sent LHP Nate Smith in exchange for Revere.  They felt Smith's upside wasn't enough and instead began asking for Tropeano and Heaney, to which the Angels backed out of the deal immediately. 

If I were the Angels, I'd certainly still go about exploring a trade for Ben Revere and Adam Lind.  I don't see any reason why Nate Smith, plus a future RP like DeLoach or Alcantara wouldn't get that deal done, unless the Phillies are still demanding Tropeano/Heaney.  As for Lind, I'm thinking either Jeremy Rhoades, Jake Jewell, Jonah Wesely, Joe Gatto.  All those pieces would likely be enough to land him. 

It'd also preserve the Angels future rotation with Heaney, Newcomb, Tropeano, Ellis, Richards and Skaggs all still in the organization.