• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Could Heaney/Gott be the '15 version of Lackey/krod '02?

Neither of them play left field and hit in the middle of the order. Heaney may allow the club to trade a starter since he can plug right in. Gott has been very good but both he and Heaney have a miniscule sample size. I can't wait to see more.

Pitching wins WS. Great starts with lockdown 7/8/9 bullpen requires minimal offense.

Pitching wins WS. Great starts with lockdown 7/8/9 bullpen requires minimal offense.

Yep. Look at the Rays. They own the best team ERA and are currently just behind the Yankees in the AL East. They have almost no offense. 

The Rays have a guy named Chris Archer who is in the AL MVP discussion right now and the best team ERA in the AL by a huge margin.

Unless Richards decides to start emulating last year and Weaver/Shoe pull their head out, we don't really have the type of lock down pitching I would rely on to carry a terrible offense.

Edited by Reveille1984

The Rays have a guy named Chris Archer who is in the AL MVP discussion right now and the best team ERA in the AL by a huge margin.

Unless Richards decides to start emulating last year and Weaver/Shoe pull their head out, we don't really have the type of lock down pitching I would rely on to carry a terrible offense.

Once you get to playoffs, you only need three.

Weaver, Richards, Shoe, CJ, Heany, Santiago, Skaggs - whomever is hot.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, I'm not usually this supportive of the halo shit squad, but those guys are capable of going on quite the pitching run. The rotation can turn on the dime and be baseballs best in a flash. We could have an abundance of SP by September.

Once you get to playoffs, you only need three.

Weaver, Richards, Shoe, CJ, Heany, Santiago, Skaggs - whomever is hot.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, I'm not usually this supportive of the halo shit squad, but those guys are capable of going on quite the pitching run. The rotation can turn on the dime and be baseballs best in a flash. We could have an abundance of SP by September.

A lot of teams are depending on a fourth starter at some point in the playoffs.  I mean sure, guys like Richards and Shoe are capable of dominating as we saw last year.  But given what we've seen this year over nearly half a season I would be hard pressed to count on that happening. 

Even if we make the playoffs we'd likely have Weave and C.J. in the rotation no matter what unless something crazy happens.  Scioscia isn't really a "hot hand" type of manager; he's normally gonna go with the vets in big situations.  I don't see him having the balls to sit Weaver in a playoff series, even if other young guys end the season on a run and Jered continues to be less than mediocre.

I applaud you for being an optimist, I wish I had the ability to sometimes just shut off my brain and enjoy the team and hope for the best instead of being critical all the time.  I just think we need a change organizationally to move forward and that the routine is getting stale. 

Off day optimism thread.

We need some young blood shot in arm in 02 and got it down the stretch and into October from lackey and krod.

Could these two youngsters be the elixir this team needs to surgeon the postseason?

So first of all congratulations on a positive post. I believe in encouragement so keep it up! (I'm going to ignore your 'halo sh*t squad' post above).

And in answer to your question, yes I believe that these two are capable of doing good things and helping this team win games. They both have terrific stuff and if they can pitch consistently it will be a shot in the arm for the team.

Edited by ettin