• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official MLB Draft Thread

Another GA HS OF?

This org never learns.

Oh, stop it.  Now you sound like Scotty.  Overall, Georgia is consistently one of the strongest baseball states year in and year out.  They've had some recent busts, sure--but so has every other state.

Jones' school is actually a rival to my high school.  They're just a few miles apart, and are in the same athletic Region.  This is their 4th MLB draftee, which now matches the number we've had.  :)

The whole draft thing is a crap shot. We drafted Conger 25th (2nd catcher selected) and Mathis 33rd (2nd catcher selected) so picking Taylor Ward at 26th (2nd catcher selected) doesn't mean anything. 

Other than he'll be playing for another team in 8-10 years.

Oh, stop it. Now you sound like Scotty. Overall, Georgia is consistently one of the strongest baseball states year in and year out. They've had some recent busts, sure--but so has every other state.

Jones' school is actually a rival to my high school. They're just a few miles apart, and are in the same athletic Region. This is their 4th MLB draftee, which now matches the number we've had. :)

Sorry, it's the Clarke and Bolden picks still in my head.

I would bet in the 25 to 30 rank. But I'm on record many times as saying that there's lot more to baseball player development than an organization's ranking in a national magazine. Did those magazines spot Shoemaker? How did that factor into their rankings?

Your point seems moot.

You don't think the top ranked farm systems also have under the radar prospects? Every system has them. 

The obsession with angels fans trying to act like farm system rankings don't matter is pretty odd.

Edited by Poozy

Bengie Molina didn't exactly tear up the minors offensively but was decent in the majors. He also wasn't drafted

That said. Some here are defending just for the sake of defending. Face it, none of us know jack about the pick. I'm sure "certain publications" know more. I'm sure the Angels know more. I have no idea who is going to be right.

Edited by ScottT

Bengie Molina didn't exactly tear up the minors offensively but was decent in the majors. He also wasn't drafted

That said. Some here are defending just for the sake of defending. Face it, none of us know jack about the pick. I'm sure "certain publications" know more. I'm sure the Angels know more. I have no club who has a better idea

Yep. I'm not exactly thrilled with the pick reading the scouting reports but in the end it's a total crapshoot so whatever.

Ok AO I'll ask you the same question I asked TDawg, do you like our minor league pitching?

What is so damn amazing about our minor league pitching? It's overrated by angels fans.

It has good depth, but the only pitcher that has allstar potential is Newcomb.

Edited by Poozy

That said. Some here are defending just for the sake of defending. Face it, none of us know jack about the pick. I'm sure "certain publications" know more. I'm sure the Angels know more. I have no club who has a better idea

Here's how I see it, I'll put my faith in a MLB scouting department that scouts a player extensively for over a year over a publication. I would say that whether it's the Angels or any other team.

What is so damn amazing about our minor league pitching? It's overblown and overrated.

It has good depth, but the only pitcher that has allstar potential is Newcomb.

Ok poozy, it sucks, never mind. Regardless of what others think, it sucks because we've had a bad year and we need to be negative. Sorry to waste your time.

Ok poozy, it sucks, never mind. Regardless of what others think, it sucks because we've had a bad year and we need to be negative. Sorry to waste your time.

It's just annoying to see specific people constantly hyping up our "amazing" pitching prospects

We are loaded with future 4th or 5th starters. great...

Edited by Poozy

It's just annoying to see specific people constantly hyping up our "amazing" pitching prospects

We are loaded with future 4th or 5th starters. great...

Wrong. 

Newcomb, Rhoades and Ellis all have frontline stuff. Heaney has the stuff to be a good #2 guy in the big leagues. Tropeano, Smith, DeLoach can be good #3's or #4's in the big leagues. 

Nobody is a sure thing. How many pitchers taken in the first 1-5 picks have flamed out? I can name hundreds. 

^^^ Strad I'm not against what you're saying and agree. However, your comment above sounds like someone who is hoping all the negativity surrounding the pick doesn't whack out a possible interview opp in the future....

Just sayin~

The FO are big boys and will understand some resentment or surprise of the pick. I'm sure they understand the fans are in a show-me-mentality in regards to future prospects and building a solid foundation for the future. No body wants to have a bottom 5 farm system.....

I expect that, but to put your faith in publications seems silly. It's illogical. The dude can suck I have no idea. But some guys on here are wired to assume everything we do that goes against the grain must be bad. I'll take a wait and see approach.

Wrong. 

Newcomb, Rhoades and Ellis all have frontline stuff. Heaney has the stuff to be a good #2 guy in the big leagues. Tropeano, Smith, DeLoach can be good #3's or #4's in the big leagues. 

Nobody is a sure thing. How many pitchers taken in the first 1-5 picks have flamed out? I can name hundreds. 

unlikely, but I guess anythings possible

Edited by Poozy