• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fun fact about US military spending

So, if BUSH would have just insisted on a fair constitution, ISIS wouldn't have appeared. But, since Bush didn't insist on a "fair constitution," screw them. The left never ever fails to follow my script.

The failure of Iraq, like the failure of Vietnam and the success of the Cuban revolution delights the left to no end. That's why conversation on the topic is impossible- we have different goals.

So, if BUSH would have just insisted on a fair constitution, ISIS wouldn't have appeared. But, since Bush didn't insist on a "fair constitution," screw them. The left never ever fails to follow my script.

The failure of Iraq, like the failure of Vietnam and the success of the Cuban revolution delights the left to no end. That's why conversation on the topic is impossible- we have different goals.

You're full of crap.

I'm a lefty and I'd much rather that the Iraq situation have played out to a happy ending.

Or at least have an iron in the fire, such as a close relative that will be part of the carnage. If you won't send your own you shouldn't be able to send someone else.

I know, it's unrealistic.

I think we've been at war for 14 years so they've had plenty of time to join the fight.

Well yeah they're not going to do it. I was responding to Glen's point that he wishes it were a requirement. I'm saying if it were a requirement (in fantasy land) they'd still do it. It wouldn't stop BS wars. 

The draft will never work.  First, the rich folk will still be able to get their kids out of it more than not, which leaves the poor and middle class screwed again.

Second, then you end up with those who are totally opposed to the war being forced to fight in it.  How is that fair?

It depends on the situation. When it's a clash of civilizations or ideologies, I want mine to prevail. That's why I think it was important to confront the two evil ideologies of the twentieth century- totalitarian communism and expansionist fascism.

When it's between two groups, localized, I'd like the US to do what it can to bring peace, within reason and applying prudence and wisdom.

Obviously, I'm speaking in generalities. I think most people who went to college at a certain time remember the pro-Soviet/anti-American vibe during that time and still now, especially people who read and follow Marxist perspectives like Zinn and Chomsky. You may also remember the bookstores filled with Castro's speeches and the Che t-shirts.

If you're different, I believe you.

I go by my experience, especially in having known a lot of friends on the left and having been left for a few years in college.

Edited by Juan Savage