• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I see Red RED RED

I LOVE the Angels logo. I LOVE that the Angels have red caps. (the designer, Todd Radom is great). But there is a serious problem with the two of them.  A red logo on a red cap, from a design perspective, does not work.  There is no differentiation between them.

I very quickly mocked up these variations to show what I'm talking about.  Look at them and answer one question, where does the logo "pop" the most?  Where does it "pop" the least? #1 is the current design.

I love the red cap so I tried to include two options (#3 and #4) where the bill is split from the rest of the cap so that at least part of the cap is still red.

I think the teams' primary logo should be the current one. But on red caps and red shirts they should use white lettering.  What do you think?  Keep the status quo or introduce a new cap?

logo-rev-01.png

edit to add these two versions:

logo-rev-02.png

Edited by TroutBaseball

I don't mind the current designs, but your mockups are nice. Good work. They've actually used the white lettering on other colors, from what I've seen in the team store.

I just wish they'd get a fourth jersey. Seems as though a lot of teams now have four jerseys, and the Angels just have three. Fourth color would have to be blue, I guess.

I don't mind the current designs, but your mockups are nice. Good work. They've actually used the white lettering on other colors, from what I've seen in the team store.

I just wish they'd get a fourth jersey. Seems as though a lot of teams now have four jerseys, and the Angels just have three. Fourth color would have to be blue, I guess.

if the angels get a blue jersey like every other crap team in this league, i'm going to do something rash.

Actually I don't see the need for the logo to "pop".  I prefer the lack of contrast in #1.

#3 is good too, and I wouldn't mind seeing a navy blue jersey from time to time.

#2 might look good with "LA" instead of just "A"

1 and 3 I am fine with, and just because their hat doesn't "pop" doesn't mean you don't know Angel red when you see it. And I appreciate the designs OP made for examples, but personally I think 2 and 4 look like garbage.

Could the Angels pull off pinstripes for a fourth uniform? TBH I don't really know why we'd need 4, do the Yanks or BoSox have 4?

I think the only reason teams like the A's and Giants have 4 uniforms is because they have 2 predominant colors (yellow and green, orange and black). Angels have 1 predominant color, and that's red and only red. But we saw this weekend what the Giants 4th Orange uni looked like, and that was bad.

I'd rather just have 3 nice uniforms, than a 4th one that tries too hard and is ugly as hell.

I really wish they did incorporate Navy a bit more or at least had another alt uni that had it in there. Always thought it looked nice. They have the all red alt already, so why not add another one that has the navy cap with red brim and the red A logo on it with the sleeves/socks being navy. They'll bust out different throwbacks during the year that has this but just incorporate the look with their current home white unis