• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Marco Rubio Vows Never to Raise Taxes as President

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/marco-rubio-vows-never-raise-164308741.html

Rubio follows fellow Republican nomination aspirants Senator Ted Cruz of Texas and Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky, both of whom signed the pledge last week. His move could put fellow Floridian mentor-turned-rival Jeb Bush in a difficult position in the brewing 2016 presidential contest.

There should be very few absolutes when it comes to being president.  You can't know what might happen during the presidency.  To make vows about what you will or won't do in absolutes shows that a person doesn't have the ability to roll with the punches or bend in the wind.

We need someone who is a hard ass, sure but also with some nuance. 

Geez this group of losers is depressing.

Forget about no new taxes. Can they pledge to get rid of some of the taxes we already have?

one of the first ones i'd dump would be the death tax/estate tax/inheritance tax, whatever it's called. it's money that has already been taxed, but it gets taxed again when the owner dies and passes it along to someone? extremely unfair and redundant.

Wait...I'm confused...I thought Norquist was a secret member of the Muslim Brotherhood?

http://www.glennbeck.com/2015/03/11/does-this-progressive-gop-leader-have-ties-to-the-muslim-brotherhood/

The "no new taxes" campaign is just Norquist's way of trying to keep it secret.  Because everyone knows Muslims love higher taxes. 

o-OBAMA-BIRTH-facebook.jpg

what if we had a politician that actually kept their word? wouldn't that be refreshing? 

It's not for lack of trying to keep their word but things happen as their tenure goes on that they can't forsee or control. They need to just not make promises and discuss the things they support or are against.

And you know, not just liar.  But, what if something happens in this country or in our world that requires taxes to be raised?  Then what?

It would be just as easy to say something like, "I cannot imagine a situation where I would ever raise taxes."  You're delivering the same message without sounding like a complete "moran."  

one of the first ones i'd dump would be the death tax/estate tax/inheritance tax, whatever it's called. it's money that has already been taxed, but it gets taxed again when the owner dies and passes it along to someone? extremely unfair and redundant.

Why?

You can't take it with you.

Not taxing inheritances is what gets us the Donald Trumps, Brothers Koch, and dynasties such as the Bushes.

In other words, wouldn't you rather have people EARN the money they have instead of getting it gratis because some relative kicked the bucket?