• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So Angel Stadium and MLB now replay close plays on the video board

yk9001

You mean the fans didn't riot? Amazing.

I've read every lame excuse in the book on these boards... something something - they can't get the video replays fast enough; it would hurt the umps feelings; the fans would riot.

All ridiculous.

They replayed the (overturned) out twice.  Even if the ump didn't overturn it, we all would have been fine.  And the paying fans aren't kept in the dark.

Better late than never.

Non disputed calls were shown, just ones that the umpires could look bad were censored. It wasn't always that way but Joe West got tired if seeing his blown calls on the big screen and wrote that into their new agreement. Once replay was instituted the ban was lifted because it's now in the hands of some blind guy in new York to blow the call a second time.

Edited by notti

Splurge, get out more!

I had a great time last night - best time i have had at the ballpark in a long time.  I am glad to see two of the items that go into the equation of "going to/staying at home" are being addressed:  Time of games, and the video replay.

They still don't show non-challenged close calls because then whoever is running the video board could have influence over the managers decision to challenge.

Theoretically the guys working for the home team could make sure replays aren't shown that would go against their team. Once a challenge is initiated it doesn't matter what they show in the ballpalk because the decision making occurs in New York.

They still don't show non-challenged close calls because then whoever is running the video board could have influence over the managers decision to challenge.

Theoretically the guys working for the home team could make sure replays aren't shown that would go against their team. Once a challenge is initiated it doesn't matter what they show in the ballpalk because the decision making occurs in New York.

I understand what you are saying but someone on the team is sitting there looking at the TV instant replay.  Both Scioscia and Melvin were frozen in their tracks a foot outside the dugout last night, waiting for "the word" on whether to challenge.  Sosh did, Melvin quietly slunked back in his dugout.

Are the teams looking at the TV feed, or is there some special non-television replay feed for the teams?

Oh, and with the "shot clock" in effect (I don't have a better name for it yet), there is only one verse of Take Me Out to the Ballgame - not two.

Win-win!

(there is still buttercup though)

They've been doing the one verse of TMOTTB since they started playing Buttercup in the 7th. You should make it to the 7th inning more often.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember back when they got a scoreboard capable of showing replays at the Big A. The Angels would show EVERY close call, especially the ones that went against the Angels. After one really bad call where the umpires got booed mecilessly, the umpires threatened to walk off if they did it again, From then on, Gene Autry paid an extra umpiring crew to attend every home Angels' game just in case.