• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Links Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Tank said:

sad. curly Neal and Meadowlark Lemon were amazing to watch. Loved them and their schtick. Got to see them a couple of times at the Forum.

I got to see two Globetrotter games at the Forum. Once with my Dad and brothers and once with my wife. Very memorable.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

I got to see two Globetrotter games at the Forum. Once with my Dad and brothers and once with my wife. Very memorable.

When I was a kid I used to like the water bucket that ended up being just torn up paper. The look on people when they threw it their way was fun.

All the top notch ball handling and passing was great.

Meadowlark Lemon and Curly Neal were so much fun to watch.

Town forced to dye beautiful lagoon to stop gawkers amid virus

Police, wearing protective suits, have added black dye to this blue lagoon in England to deter people from gathering to take photos.

Police, wearing protective suits, have added black dye to this blue lagoon in England to deter people from gathering to take photos.

The black dye was added to the "blue lagoon" on Wednesday, to deter people from gathering to take photos.

In the age of social distancing due to the coronavirus, authorities in England have dumped black dye into a picturesque bright blue lagoon to stop Instagrammers from gathering to snap pictures.

The Derbyshire Police said Wednesday that despite instructions by officials in the U.K. to stay home to slow the spread of COVID-19, people were still congregating at a former quarry known as the "Blue Lagoon" in Harpur Hill, located near Buxton

"No doubt this is due to the picturesque location and the lovely weather (for once!) in Buxton," police said on Facebook. "However, the location is dangerous and this type of gathering is in contravention of the current instruction of the UK Government."

While it may resemble something from a travel magazine, the water in the abandoned quarry gets its color from caustic chemicals in the quarry stone that can cause skin irritation, according to Sky News.

In addition to high PH levels, the water reportedly is very cold and has trash and dead animals in it.

Mustang crashes off California cliff during coronavirus lockdown, gets pulled out by 'Hulk' wrecker

While California was under a statewide stay-at-home order on March 28, a Ford Mustang Boss 302 owner out for a spin drove his car off the side of the Angeles Crest Highway and down a 400-foot cliff.

The driver and passenger were airlifted to a nearby hospital, and the driver returned to the scene the next day with just minor injuries, but the car didn’t fare so well.

The limited-edition model was absolutely crushed as it smashed through the trees and shrubs, and it ended up totaled in a nearly inaccessible spot.

The California Highway Patrol called Pepe’s Towing Service to see if it could retrieve the vehicle, and it had to bring in the big gun to do it. The company needed to use a 50-ton rotator wrecker it calls “Hulk” to reach the car and pull it out, but it needed to hook it up first.

auto/mustang-california-cliff-coronavirus-hulk-wrecker

I love that drive but if you don't know it well, like the different aspects of every turn, you can get sideways quick on an off axis turn and there are no guardrails. If that had been an early model Mustang there would be no survivors, that is the leaps in cabin integrity between cars of old and today.