• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Links Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This Day in History: May 2

1941: General Mills begins shipping its new cereal, “Cheerioats,” to six test markets. (The cereal would later be renamed “Cheerios.”)

Also on this day:

• 1519: Leonardo da Vinci dies at Cloux, France, at age 67.
  • 1908: The original version of “Take Me Out to the Ball Game,” with music by Albert Von Tilzer and lyrics by Jack Norworth, is published by Von Tilzer’s York Music Co.
  • 1927: The U.S. Supreme Court, in Buck v. Bell, upholds 8-1 a Virginia law allowing the forced sterilization of people to promote the “health of the patient and the welfare of society.”
  • 1957: Crime boss Frank Costello narrowly survives an attempt on his life in New York; the alleged gunman, Vincent “The Chin” Gigante, would be acquitted at trial after Costello refused to identify him as the shooter.
  • 1957: Sen. Joseph R. McCarthy, R-Wis., dies at Bethesda Naval Hospital in Maryland.
  • 1968: “The Odd Couple,” the movie version of the Neil Simon comedy starring Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau, opens in New York City
  • 1972: Longtime FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover dies in Washington at age 77.
  • 1982: The Weather Channel makes its debut.
  • 1994: Nelson Mandela claims victory in the wake of South Africa’s first democratic elections; President F.W. de Klerk acknowledges defeat.
  • 2018: The Boy Scouts of America announces that the group’s flagship program would undergo a name change; after being known simply as the Boy Scouts for 108 years, the program would now be called Scouts BSA. (The change came as girls were about to enter the ranks.) 

'Scrubs' actor Sam Lloyd dead at 56

Sam Lloyd is seen here as lawyer Ted Buckland on the sitcom 'Scrubs.' The actor's agent confirmed to Fox News that he has died. He was 56. 

Sam Lloyd -- best known for portraying lawyer Ted Buckland on the sitcom "Scrubs" -- has died, his agent confirmed to Fox News on Friday. He was 56.

The statement did not indicate when he died.

In January 2019, Lloyd was diagnosed with a brain tumor shortly after his wife Vanessa gave birth to their first child together -- a son named Weston, according to a GoFundMe page for the late actor. Doctors also found that the cancer had metastasized from his lungs and spread to his spine, jaw and liver, per the page, which was created by "Scrubs" executive producer Tim Hobert.

In addition to starring as Ted on the long-running series "Scrubs," Lloyd appeared in a handful of shows over the span of his career, including "Cougar Town,” “Desperate Housewives,” “Seinfeld,” “Modern Family,” “The West Wing” and “Shameless,” as well as movies such as “Flubber” and “Galaxy Quest.”

According to Variety, Lloyd also sang in an a cappella group The Blanks, which performed on "Scrubs" as The Worthless Peons. He also played bass guitar in the Beatles tribute band The Butties.

Following news of his passing, tributes poured in from the "Scrubs" family.

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

Cheerios.”)

Also on this day:

• 1519: Leonardo da Vinci dies at Cloux, France, at age 67.

I’ll be honest, I initially read da Vinci’s death as COVID.

i think I need to spend a little more time outside today...

15 hours ago, Redondo said:

• 1957: Crime boss Frank Costello narrowly survives an attempt on his life in New York; the alleged gunman, Vincent “The Chin” Gigante, would be acquitted at trial after Costello refused to identify him as the shooter.

Damn.  How disappointing.  After reading this, I was interested to see if the Chin got whacked in some mob style hit as retribution for trying to hit a made man.  Ala Goodfellas.  But no, he dies of cardiovascular disease in prison.

8 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Damn.  How disappointing.  After reading this, I was interested to see if the Chin got whacked in some mob style hit as retribution for trying to hit a made man.  Ala Goodfellas.  But no, he dies of cardiovascular disease in prison.

It's amazing how long some of these guys lived being that they could be whacked at any time by a rival.

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

Here you go @Tank

Mountain Dew-Flavored Doritos Are Here to Take Your Snacking Game to a Whole New Level
https://www.bestproducts.com/lifestyle/a31976828/pepsico-australia-doritos-mountain-dew-chips/

Looks like I’m going to Sydney. Found a round trip ticket for $43 in business class. Be back Monday. Thanks, buddy.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

I was just telling my 7th graders about Lord of the Flies on Friday, so this is pretty timely. Great story.

Hopefully you weren't telling your 7th graders about Lord of the Flies as based on a true story, as a history teacher.  

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Hopefully you weren't telling your 7th graders about Lord of the Flies as based on a true story, as a history teacher.  

i told them it was about a friend of mine who makes consistently poor netflix choices. is that close enough?

Woman taking photos falls into thermal feature at Yellowstone

The woman, who is yet to be identified, was backing up while taking photos near the famed tourist attraction and fell into a hot spring or hole where hot gases emerge, according to park spokeswoman Linda Veress.

Even with her injuries, she managed to hop back in her vehicle and drive about 50 miles until park rangers stopped her. She was then airlifted to a burn center at a hospital in Idaho.