• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Links Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Lou said:

It was actually a Christian talk show and he died about a month after the accident. 

Yes, KKLA is a Christian radio station - and he had a talk show on that station...  so, I was implying that indirectly.

In any case - his death was tragic - he even said something to the effect of "one of you out there will probably hit me when I'm on the freeway riding my motorcycle."

Charleigh Nicole Nelson, 2, had fallen approximately 15 feet below into a septic tank at the Paradise Lagoons RV resort park in Aransas Pass.

Girl, 2, drowns at after falling 15 feet into septic tank, officials say

A two-year-old girl died Wednesday after officials say she fell 15 feet into a septic tank at an RV Park in Texas and drowned.

The Rockport Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to the Paradise Lagoons RV resort park in Aransas Pass on Highway 188 at around 5:30 p.m. over reports that a child had fallen into a septic tank, Public Information Officer Gillian Cox said in a press release.

Once on the scene, first responders located Charleigh Nicole Nelson who had fallen approximately 15 feet below into water. Witnesses say they saw the young girl walk on the lid of the tank which then buckled beneath her weight, KRIS reported.

Family members told the station that they attempted to pull Charleigh to safety before rescue officials arrived using a rope and a backhoe but were unable to reach her.

Firefighters made several attempted to reach the toddler before eventually receiving help from a specialized rope rescue team which was able to lower a firefighter into the tank. They were able to retrieve Charleigh but approximately an hour had gone by since she first fell in and she was pronounced dead on the scene, Cox said.

“This is a terrible tragedy for the family of this child, her neighbors who witnessed the event, and all of the 1st responders who assisted in the recovery,” she continued.

Charleigh’s mother, Brittney Nelson, took to Facebook to thank those who have reached out to them since her daughter’s death.

“We truly need and appreciate everyone praying. We are in such disbelief but can feel God's spirit around us. We are clinging to each other tonight and have faith that God is going to strengthen us, comfort us and bring us through this,” she said in a post.

The opening to the tank that Charleigh fell into was less than two feet in diameter, KRIS reported.

(Photo: Matches Fashion)

A unique pair of sneakers being sold by the high-end French fashion house Maison Margiela is getting quite the attention online.

The chunky trainers are purposely designed to look like what appears to be hot candle wax dripping all over them. What’s more is, they retail for more than $1,100.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/maison-margiela-sneakers-candle-wax

Surfer fights off great white shark by punching it repeatedly, cursing it off

This surfer knew he had to fight for his life.

A 60-year-old man in New Zealand fought back against a great white shark on Saturday after he was attacked at Pauanui Beach, located in the country's Coromandel region.

Nick Minogue from Auckland told the New Zealand Herald he was paddling out in the water around 11:30 a.m. when he saw a nearly nine-foot shark that bit his arm and latched onto his surfboard.

"By the time I realized what was going on its teeth were definitely latched on to the front section of the board," he told the Herald.

After remembering that he heard sharks don't like it if you punch them in the nose or eye, Minogue said he then took aim at his attacker.

"So I actually shouted at it 'f--- off!' and went to punch it in the eye and missed," he told the Herald' "Then I pulled my fist back and shouted 'f--- off!' again and got it right smack bang in the eye."

The 60-year-old said that in between the two punches, the shark "crunched down" on his board before disengaging and letting go, brushing him with its dorsal and tail fin as it swam away. After the incident, Minogue said he paddled back to shore along with another German surfer who was about 160 feet away from him when the attack took place.

"The German guy was kind of screaming the whole way which probably made me paddle even faster," he told the Herald.

Experts in New Zealand told the newspaper that a review of photos taken by the man of the bite to the board, in addition to his description of the shark, matches that of a great white.

Other than a cut on his arm, Minogue said that his full-length wetsuit saved him from any additional injury.

"There was blood dripping out the sleeve of my wetsuit. Thankfully it wasn't too deep," he told the Herald. "Two teeth put holes in my wetsuit but only one punctured the skin."

In this early Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020 photo released by the Santa Monica Fire Department shows a vehicle that plunged into the sidewalk in Santa Monica, Calif. (Santa Monica Fire Department via AP)

In this early Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020 photo released by the Santa Monica Fire Department shows a vehicle that plunged into the sidewalk in Santa Monica, Calif.

Police in California have launched an investigation into why a man drove his Jeep off the roof of a six-level parking garage and into a McDonald’s across the street, a published report Sunday said.

Shortly after midnight Sunday local time, police reported finding a newer-model Jeep against a building, a news release from the Santa Monica Police Department said. The city’s fire department said it received information the Jeep had been driven off the top of a nearby parking garage, USA Today reported.

The Jeep’s sole occupant was a 20-year-old male driver who was conscious and speaking with police, the newspaper reported. He was not identified.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-investigating-why-california-man-drove-jeep-off-multi-level-parking-garage-and-into-mcdonalds

On 2/23/2020 at 10:27 AM, Redondo said:

Surfer fights off great white shark by punching it repeatedly, cursing it off

This surfer knew he had to fight for his life.

A 60-year-old man in New Zealand fought back against a great white shark on Saturday after he was attacked at Pauanui Beach, located in the country's Coromandel region.

Nick Minogue from Auckland told the New Zealand Herald he was paddling out in the water around 11:30 a.m. when he saw a nearly nine-foot shark that bit his arm and latched onto his surfboard.

"By the time I realized what was going on its teeth were definitely latched on to the front section of the board," he told the Herald.

After remembering that he heard sharks don't like it if you punch them in the nose or eye, Minogue said he then took aim at his attacker.

"So I actually shouted at it 'f--- off!' and went to punch it in the eye and missed," he told the Herald' "Then I pulled my fist back and shouted 'f--- off!' again and got it right smack bang in the eye."

The 60-year-old said that in between the two punches, the shark "crunched down" on his board before disengaging and letting go, brushing him with its dorsal and tail fin as it swam away. After the incident, Minogue said he paddled back to shore along with another German surfer who was about 160 feet away from him when the attack took place.

"The German guy was kind of screaming the whole way which probably made me paddle even faster," he told the Herald.

Experts in New Zealand told the newspaper that a review of photos taken by the man of the bite to the board, in addition to his description of the shark, matches that of a great white shark.

60 year olds rule.

How to clean your gas grill

If your gas grill is a workhorse during the warm weather months, it’s worth learning how to clean it. Follow any of these options to get your gas grill clean, which will help your food taste great and keep your grill in good shape for years to come.

For safety’s sake, always make sure your grill is cool and both the grill and its gas supply are turned off before you start cleaning. It’s also a good idea to review how to avoid major grilling safety mistakes and how to tune up your gas grill at the start of each grilling season.

Watch this to learn ideas for creating the ultimate outdoor living space:

1. The Inexpensive Way

You can easily and inexpensively clean your gas grill with a spray bottle, vinegar, a cotton cloth and water. Simply add two cups each of vinegar and lukewarm water to the spray bottle, then shake. Spray the mixture on the grill racks and let it set for 10 minutes. Next, fill the spray bottle with just vinegar and spray it on the cotton cloth. Use the saturated cloth to scrub the racks. That’s it—no rinsing required.

2. The Traditional Way (With a Twist)

This technique harnesses the power of heat to help clean your gas grill. Start by heating the grill for 15 minutes. Then turn it and its gas supply off. Next, dip a high-quality wire brush in water and scrub the hot grates. (Stand back to avoid any steam.) You can use a bit of dish detergent in the water to remove stubborn grease spots. Once the grill is cool, wipe the grates down with a damp cloth to remove any remaining residue.

3. The Everyday Way

It’s a good idea to clean your grill grates after each use. One way to make the job effortless is by keeping the Q-Swiper BBQ Grill Cleaner Set within arm’s reach. The set includes a bristle-free grill brush and a pack of grill-cleaning wipes. After you’re done cooking and your grill is completely cool, simply wrap a wipe around the brush and start scrubbing. The brush also has a stainless steel scraper to remove stubborn bits.

4. The Steam-Powered Way

The Sienna Appliances Grilltastic steam cleaning BBQ grill brush is a 21st-century solution for how to clean a grill with pretty much no elbow grease required. This 1,500-watt scrubber cleans and sanitizes your grill with super-heated steam and its 16-1/2-foot cord lets you easily maneuver around your grill.

5. The Deep Clean

A filthy grill with stubborn, stuck-on food calls for a deep cleaning. In a garbage bag, mix two cups of vinegar and one cup of baking soda. Remove the grill grates and place them in the garbage bag. Let the grates soak overnight. After removing the grates, spray them down with water and pat dry. If any stuck-on food remains, use a rag or a grill brush to remove it.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/how-to-clean-your-gas-grill

Remember this the next time you go swimming.

A woman in Texas made a bizarre catch while pier fishing in Port Isabel. Fortunately, she didn’t touch the creature as doing so could have left her in pain for hours.

Alyssa Ramirez said she initially thought a piece of seaweed had become entangled in her line, USA Today/For the Win Outdoors reported. Then she said she saw it start squirming and realized that it was a living creature.

“My mom and I looked at each other like, ‘What is that?’” Ramirez told USA Today/For The Win Outdoors. “I laughed because that was definitely not a fish.”

It turns out it wasn’t a fish, but a potentially dangerous marine worm.

“Luckily I didn’t have to touch it because it let go of my bait,” Ramirez told the news outlet. “By the way it moved and the red colors it had, I knew not to touch it. I placed it on the rail of the pier [where it let go and] I took video and pictures of it…It wiggled around for a few minutes and then it then fell into the water by itself.”

Ramirez said it was “a good 3 inches long.”

According to USA Today, Texas Parks and Wildlife identified the creature from a video sent to them by Ramirez: It was a bearded fireworm.

These animals are capable of injecting a powerful neurotoxin from its bristles. This can cause a burning pain that can reportedly last for hours.

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/texas-pier-fishing-strange-creature-fireworm

New Hampshire man 'shatters' state record with massive trout

New Hampshire Fish and Game shared an image of Thomas Knight’s record-breaking fish on its Instagram page, explaining, “After a lengthy battle, Knight was able to bring the fish onto the ice and marvel at its size. An experienced lake trout angler, Knight knew that the prevailing record was 28 pounds and his fish seemed to be much bigger. After a few phone calls to some close fishing buddies, Knight made his next call to Andy Schafermeyer, a Fisheries Biologist with the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department. In order to certify a fish’s size as a state record, it must be inspected and verified by a biologist. The two met and began the process of measuring the characteristics that would certify this fish as the largest lake trout ever caught in New Hampshire.”

When they placed the fish on a scale, it exceeded the device’s maximum weight of 30 pounds. According to Schafermeyer, that’s when both men realized they had “a new state record.”

The two men then went on a “quest” for a larger, certified scale. Once they found one, they were able to confirm that the trout weighed 37.65 pounds, making it a state record.

“Most state records, when bested, are done so by only a few ounces. Knight’s fish shattered the old record by over 9 pounds. This fish is now the largest lake trout caught in all of New England. I’m glad he got it, this couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy,” Schafermeyer explained.

According to the post, “The fish measured over 40 inches in length with a 27-inch girth. Schafermeyer estimated the fish to be between 50 and 60 years old.”

This is going too far. Go run somewhere else.

Vegan runner asks neighbors to close windows while cooking meat

A self-proclaimed "vegan runner" from Berkeley, California received backlash on Saturday after asking neighbors to close their windows when cooking meat because the smells were 'overpowering and offensive.'

The rant was posted to @BestNextDoor -- an account that houses neighborhood drama -- which showed the runner had requested nearby residents only barbeque vegetables because it's "always hard for me this time of year when the weather starts warming up."

"Several nights a week I'm out running around dinnertime and when people have their windows open I can smell what they are cooking," the request said. "I've noticed a sharp uptick recently in smells of folks cooking meat and it can be quite overpowering."