• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia needs to go..

nate

He should have just left Downs in, like I said, why pull him when he's not in any trouble?  He just got 2 straight outs after a bloop hit to start the inning.  Now if Downs allows another hit/walk, then you pull him, but he wasn't in any trouble.  And while Jepsen's been good post 2012 ASB, it's not like he was bringing in 2000's Scot Shields to face Cespedes.  When a guy is doing fine just leave him in, that's what should have happened with Downs.

But then after pulling a stable Downs he leaves in a clearly erratic Jepsen.  If Scioscia had such a hard on for the Jepsen/Cespedes matchup then he should have had Burnett warming up right next to Jepsen so he'd be ready to bail him out if necessary.

First of all you don't have any insight into the clubhouse to know the motivation of the players or of management. You are guessing and you have no real evidence that any or all of them are way to satisfied.

Why is Albert Pujols the first player in the workout room in the early morning hours? Do you think he does that because he is satisfied? If he were satisfied and not motivated he'd roll in an hour before the game.

In regards to your other statement how long did Fernando Rodney last before he was yanked out and replaced by Walden? When Ervin Santana was struggling they put him on a tight 5-inning leash and yanked him if it started going South late in the year last season. Mike only has a certain amount of tools (25) in his toolbox to use and its not like you can just fire a player and bring in a new one who will take their place and perform better? Our farm system is limited in regards to major league ready talent and we don't have many trade chips available to fill a hole.

The point is that I think players have been replaced when they clearly have shown an inability to perform or if their attitude and dedication are less than stellar. Guillen, Spier, Rodney, et. al. have all been attitude/performance problems over the years and were traded or released because of it. It is my feeling that most MLB players want to succeed and they want to be winners. It is also my feeling that most MLB players want stability whether it is through job security (playing on a longer term contract in one city), financial security (enough money to retire on after baseball since, in some cases, they have forsaken college for baseball), or even job environmental security (working in an environment that is stable and not prone to moments of wild stress). The latter is what S-C-I-O-S-C-I-A tries to promote by maintaining an even keel throughout most of the game(s). The players are smart enough to know when they screw up and when they do well.

It seems that a majority of people prefer to work and try to do well at their jobs. I don't think that MLB players are any different from you and me, they just get very well compensated for their chose profession. I know I don't like to lose and most people don't.

First of all, neither of us has any insight into the clubhouse.  My opinion (that's what we do here isn't it?) is based on observing the Angels play on the field.   Never once mentioned clubhouse.  

OK, so Albert is a workoutaholic.  Fine.  I'm talking about on the field energy and enthusiasm.  Most of this team is as laid back as Mr. even keel. 

Sure they're dedicated, nice fellows all, but the objective is to kick some ass on the field.  Too complacent are we, whilst leaving about 600 guys on base.  Too blessed to be stressed.