• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia needs to go..

nate

Topic is about MS not having a lefty up to face Jaso. 100% inexcusable.

Downs has given up 2 stolen bases in the last 2 years. MS brought in Jepsen and immediately Crisp stole second. At that point he should've intentionally walked or hit by pitch Cespedes. Jason is hitting .457 at the big A. Yet MS doesn't have a lefty up?

Anyone have Cespedes numbers vs Downs?

AO was ranting about Scioscia's pick for the 8th inning pitcher. That is why I asked him just who he thought should come out, three times and got zero response. The reason is just the same as you changing the topic to suit your rant, can't follow what is going on and have to complain  about what is past history.

As for not having a lefty up for Jaso, how many bullpen arms do you waste in the 7th for a right/left matchup with 2 outs? What motivates you to pull your best power arm after he just missed striking out his first batter?

When is it you quit micromanaging each inning after the fact but feel fine to complain about Scioscia micromanaging during the inning?

Really?  Up one run you leave Jepsen in if the bases are empty.  When it is first and second with two outs you bring in a lefty to face Jaso.  Lefties have an OPS almost 200 points higher vs Jepsen than righties.  Second time this season Scioscia has done this.  You leave Burnett in to pitch the 8th or use Williams.  The fact is you have to protect the lead one inning at a time.  If there is a threat in the 7th you have to mitigate it and then deal with the 8th and 9th.

Watch some MLB games and see how many managers don't have relievers up and throwing in the pen in that situation.  Not many.

Scioscia is way out of his element with this team and the teams of the last couple seasons.

First of all you don't have any insight into the clubhouse to know the motivation of the players or of management. You are guessing and you have no real evidence that any or all of them are way to satisfied.

The latter is what S-C-I-O-S-C-I-A tries to promote by maintaining an even keel throughout most of the game(s). The players are smart enough to know when they screw up and when they do well.

It seems that a majority of people prefer to work and try to do well at their jobs. I don't think that MLB players are any different from you and me, they just get very well compensated for their chose profession. I know I don't like to lose and most people don't.

I completely agree with these statements and have no problem with Scioscia's people skills (whatever they may be). I do believe Mike and or Butcher are not the best in game tacticians, as it pertains to the pitching anyways.  I know the buck stops with Mike, but it could be the information getting to Mike is lacking? Whatever IT is, IT needs to be dealt with.

I completely agree with these statements and have no problem with Scioscia's people skills (whatever they may be). I do believe Mike and or Butcher are not the best in game tacticians, as it pertains to the pitching.  I know the buck stops with Mike, but it could be the information getting to Mike is lacking? Whatever IT is, IT needs to be dealt with.

So you do not mind that Scioscia is dull, dry, complacent, and predictable? 

Really?  Up one run you leave Jepsen in if the bases are empty.  When it is first and second with two outs you bring in a lefty to face Jaso.  Lefties have an OPS almost 200 points higher vs Jepsen than righties.  Second time this season Scioscia has done this.  You leave Burnett in to pitch the 8th or use Williams.  The fact is you have to protect the lead one inning at a time.  If there is a threat in the 7th you have to mitigate it and then deal with the 8th and 9th.

Watch some MLB games and see how many managers don't have relievers up and throwing in the pen in that situation.  Not many.

Scioscia is way out of his element with this team and the teams of the last couple seasons.

And Jaso has a pretty large platoon split as well.

If you're willing to use Burnett(and obviously he was, since he brought him in an inning later with a 4 run deficit), he should be warming up alongside Jepsen. 

At that point, you either have Jepsen vs. Norris or Burnett vs. Jaso depending on what Melvin does.

AO was ranting about Scioscia's pick for the 8th inning pitcher. That is why I asked him just who he thought should come out, three times and got zero response. The reason is just the same as you changing the topic to suit your rant, can't follow what is going on and have to complain  about what is past history.

As for not having a lefty up for Jaso, how many bullpen arms do you waste in the 7th for a right/left matchup with 2 outs? What motivates you to pull your best power arm after he just missed striking out his first batter?

When is it you quit micromanaging each inning after the fact but feel fine to complain about Scioscia micromanaging during the inning?

This game was on the line in the 7th, as we will see many games won or lost in the 7th this season. You fight with everything you have until you can no longer fight anymore. It is perfectly acceptable to scratch and fight offensively for one run in the 7th or 8th inning of a game we are losing. Then why is it not as acceptable to scratch and fight to save a run defensively in the 7th or 8th inning of a game we are leading by one run? The mindset of only closing a game in the ninth has to change a bit, IMHO.

fwiw, I don't mind Scioscia micromanaging, I just hope he does a better job with reading his pitchers and who they’re matched up with as we go forward.

So you do not mind that Scioscia is dull, dry, complacent, and predictable? 

First, dull, and dry does not tell us anything about his effectiveness as a manager.

Second, you have no idea as to his complacency. You are labeling a man you do not know.

Predictable; you have some room for criticism there.

In this thread I've read he should have micromanaged more and that he micromanges too much.

Typical.

It's amazing people are surprised by how Sosh manages early in the season.  This is what he does.  He gives his guys looooooooong ropes early in the season.  Criticize if you want, but he has done this very thing since day one of managing for the Angels.

By the way Blarg, Scioscia gets paid MILLIONS to manage this team, and not so good I may add. 

I get paid ZERO.

How about you stop telling others what to post and respect what everyone has to say?

I've held up my end of the bargain, but have little patience for those who think it's cool to step on other posters on a message board.  

Scioscia, simply put, has not been a very good manager since Maddon, Black, and Roenicke all left.

Seems like he coat tailed on them for success.

In this thread I've read he should have micromanaged more and that he micromanges too much.

Typical.

It's amazing people are surprised by how Sosh manages early in the season.  This is what he does.  He gives his guys looooooooong ropes early in the season.  Criticize if you want, but he has done this very thing since day one of managing for the Angels.

Yes, he has, and for the most part, I get it. Yes, games in April are as important as they are in May and June, but I also get the mindset of figuring out what you have to work with in the beginning, at the same time, not blowing out arms in April. However, the balance between the two has somehow eluded Mike.

First, dull, and dry does not tell us anything about his effectiveness as a manager.

Second, you have no idea as to his complacency. You are labeling a man you do not know.

Predictable; you have some room for criticism there.

1. He has not been effective since 2009.

2. Same as #1 and has not shown a willingness to change. 

3. He is as predictable as they come. 

Yes, he has, and for the most part, I get it. Yes, games in April are as important as they are in May and June, but I also get the mindset of figuring out what you have to work with in the beginning, at the same time, not blowing out arms in April. However, the balance between the two has somehow eluded Mike.

And led to our demise last year, but let's just keep doing the same shit over and over again. 

I'm not telling you what to post AO. I am asking questions when you make a blunt statement and you run away because you don't have an answer. Don't play the persecution card when you can't back up your heat of the moment rants. If you want to talk baseball then talk but spamming every thread with Scioscia is a dinosaur or Maddon was the brains of the Angels is not conversing, it is trolling, it is schtick and it is far from intelligent dialogue.

By the way Blarg, Scioscia gets paid MILLIONS to manage this team, and not so good I may add. 

I get paid ZERO.

How about you stop telling others what to post and respect what everyone has to say?

I've held up my end of the bargain, but have little patience for those who think it's cool to step on other posters on a message board.  

Scioscia, simply put, has not been a very good manager since Maddon, Black, and Roenicke all left.

Seems like he coat tailed on them for success.

Erstad as manager

Don Baylor as bench coach

Percival as pitching coach.

I don't think you'd see too many guys looking like they're going through the motions.

Damn, that may be the best post I've seen since the new format - on 100% POINT!!

It will be dealt with after the 2018 season. That's when Mike's contract expires.

Scioscia has an opt out in 2015. It looks as though the years are starting to wear on him, unless the Angels are winning consistently he may just bail.

1. He has not been effective since 2009.

2. Same as #1 and has not shown a willingness to change. 

3. He is as predictable as they come. 

All of the above, and WHAT KIND OF AN OWNER GIVES A TEN-YEAR EXTENSION TO A MANAGER??!!

That was not a smart move, not in the least.

Scioscia has an opt out in 2015. It looks as though the years are starting to wear on him, unless the Angels are winning consistently he may just bail.

I'll bet he would give that a serious thought if lets say a certain managerial position opened up near his home.

I get as hot as anyone about Sosh & bad loses. Shoot I had to get talked off a ledge last night after the CoCo's dinger in the 2nd!. I also get that AW is a place where we fans will vent and flip out over all of the crazy things that go wrong during a game. At the same time, seeing some of the bickering and what not is amazing. JUST an observation...