• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia needs to go..

nate

Going with Jepsen to face Cespedes was the right call. Jepsen just sucked ass.

Leaving him in AFTER giving up the 3 run bomb, and especially after giving up a single, was just stupid.

Needless to say, this organization is a mess. Top to bottom. With the Weaver injury the Angels needed to come out tonight and make a statement. Well, they made a statement alright.....

And you Blarg, can't let people have their say.

How long are you going to be satisfied with no post-seasons this decade???

I'm fracking sick and tired of it!

You still haven't told me who you put in for this inning. Go ahead, make your statement the floor is all yours.

Glad to see you didn't actually read.

Jepsen facing Cespedes = Fine decision

Not having Burnett ready to face the lefties after that = Bad decision

How many right/ left matchups will you burn pitchers for in the 7th inning with a lead?

So it was a good decision until it wasn't. You guys are a disengenous bunch of weasels.

Exactly! F off soothsayers! Jepsen was absolutely nails until tonight. Him against Cespedes was a great idea until he failed....I just wonder if the timbre in here would'e been much different if he left Downs (who has been horseshit) in to face the Cuban, and he hit one to the Honda Center? 

Exactly! F off soothsayers! Jepsen was absolutely nails until tonight. Him against Cespedes was a great idea until he failed....I just wonder if the timbre in here would'e been much different if he left Downs (who has been horseshit) in to face the Cuban, and he hit one to the Honda Center? 

Again, I'm not sure anyone is arguing that bringing in Jepsen was a BAD idea (except the guy you just agreed with). LEAVING him in, was.

Again, I'm not sure anyone is arguing that bringing in Jepsen was a BAD idea (except the guy you just agreed with). LEAVING him in, was.

And leaving him in to give up a second homer, thereby sealing the game, was horrible.  Managers have to know when pitchers don't have it and Jepsen obviously didn't have it.  Leaving him in there makes it look like Scioscia gave up on the game.  That can't be good for team morale. 

At the game, the second Scioscia pulled Downs my stepdad said "This could backfire, classic Scioscia." Sadly he was right, vintage Scioscia micromanaging.

He has to leave his "stamp" on every game.  God forbid letting the players do their thing when they're playing well. 

Then who do you start the 8th with? That was my question that you are avoiding.

Williams.  Burnett.  I understand trying to save the pen but Jepsen just coughed up the game (with the caveat that the offense needs to wake the hell up and not make five runs seem like a blessing).  Everybody knew Jepsen didn't have it tonight but Sosh not only stuck with him, he didn't get anybody up in the pen when the first wheel fell off. 

At the game, the second Scioscia pulled Downs my stepdad said "This could backfire, classic Scioscia." Sadly he was right, vintage Scioscia micromanaging.

Scioscia left Wilson in for 107 pitches after disaster in the 1st. That was the right decision. Basicly it comes down to the guy on the hill performing and not pulling the plug too soon. I thought CJ wasn't making it out of the 2nd and Downs was pulled too soon.

So I was wrong on CJ and maybe right on Downs but who knows if Downs doesn't shit the bed like he has in the past. Who knows if Jepsen gets a called strike 3 on a close pitch to Cespedes or a fly ball out fron the next batter.

Far easier to make those pitching change decisions after the results are in.

Why pull a guy who has just got 2 straight outs, but leave in a guy who walks somebody? Followed by 2 homers of course.

Well, the idea was to have Jepsen (who owns righties) face Cespedes. This was the right call IMO. It didn't work out. Having Burnett come in to face Jaso may have been the better decision, but I think MS didn't want to use up the bullpen so he let Jepsen try to get him out. I think this was the right call as well. However Burnett should have been warming up at this point. Again, this didn't work out and he gave up a 3 run homerun. At that point you take him out of the game, or at worst, stall the game and allow time for another reliever to get warm. MS left him in, and he gave up a single. At this point you absolutely have to take the guy out because it is completely obvious to anyone in the park that he doesn't have it. Why he was left in to face Moss is beyond me.

Scioscia left Wilson in for 107 pitches after disaster in the 1st. That was the right decision. Basicly it comes down to the guy on the hill performing and not pulling the plug too soon. I thought CJ wasn't making it out of the 2nd and Downs was pulled too soon.

So I was wrong on CJ and maybe right on Downs but who knows if Downs doesn't shit the bed like he has in the past. Who knows if Jepsen gets a called strike 3 on a close pitch to Cespedes or a fly ball out fron the next batter.

Far easier to make those pitching change decisions after the results are in.

Just about everybody knew Jepsen was toast.  Everybody except Scioscia.  You can talk about hindsight all you want, but when almost to a man the entire board was screaming to pull Jepsen out, that's not hindsight.  That's foresight. 

Williams.  Burnett.  I understand trying to save the pen but Jepsen just coughed up the game (with the caveat that the offense needs to wake the hell up and not make five runs seem like a blessing).  Everybody knew Jepsen didn't have it tonight but Sosh not only stuck with him, he didn't get anybody up in the pen when the first wheel fell off. 

He takes forever to get people up when the need is great. We've seen it time and time again.

Well, the idea was to have Jepsen (who owns righties) face Cespedes. This was the right call IMO. It didn't work out. Having Burnett come in to face Jaso may have been the better decision, but I think MS didn't want to use up the bullpen so he let Jepsen try to get him out. I think this was the right call as well. However Burnett should have been warming up at this point. Again, this didn't work out and he gave up a 3 run homerun. At that point you take him out of the game, or at worst, stall the game and allow time for another reliever to get warm. MS left him in, and he gave up a single. At this point you absolutely have to take the guy out because it is completely obvious to anyone in the park that he doesn't have it. Why he was left in to face Moss is beyond me.

Best analysis of the night. Nothing more needs to be said.