• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia needs to go..

nate

Williams.  Burnett.  I understand trying to save the pen but Jepsen just coughed up the game (with the caveat that the offense needs to wake the hell up and not make five runs seem like a blessing).  Everybody knew Jepsen didn't have it tonight but Sosh not only stuck with him, he didn't get anybody up in the pen when the first wheel fell off. 

He came within inches of getting Cespedes out on strikes. I don't blame Scioscia for leaving him in to face Jaso, you have a lead and Jepsen is your best power arm. After Jepsen is B talent in the bullpen besides Fieri.

Just about everybody knew Jepsen was toast.  Everybody except Scioscia.  You can talk about hindsight all you want, but when almost to a man the entire board was screaming to pull Jepsen out, that's not hindsight.  That's foresight. 

Everyone screaming to pull him was as knee jerk as any rabble gets. Everyone was screaming to pull CJ in the first inning, the 2nd innings, the 3rd inning..., the rabble reacts to the moment.

Everyone screaming to pull him was as knee jerk as any rabble gets. Everyone was screaming to pull CJ in the first inning, the 2nd innings, the 3rd inning..., the rabble reacts to the moment.

No? There is absolutely no logic in leaving him in to face Moss. "Screaming to pull him" after Cespedes, then I agree with you. But there is absolutely no logic whatsoever in Jepsen being left in to give up the 2 run homerun.

I knew Jepsen was in trouble when Scioscia didn't allow him to just pitch when called upon, instead having him focus on Crisp and even calling for a pitch out and immediately falling behind in the count. You don't bring in a pitcher, have him go through his warm up pitches, and then not make an actual pitch until 5 minutes later. Guess what? Crisp stole the base anyways.

John Jaso has a career .539 OPS against lefties.

There's a reason why Melvin brought in Jaso for their 5 hitter Norris(who is hitting .333 btw).

He hits fastballs, and he hits righties.

Melvin out managed MS so bad in the 7th inning, it was probably comical in his eyes.

First he called the straight steal, guessed right on which pitch to go on, gave Cespedes a 2-0 count, got the walk, then brought in the ideal lefty, and MS didn't know what was going on the whole time.

No? There is absolutely no logic in leaving him in to face Moss. "Screaming to pull him" after Cespedes, then I agree with you. But there is absolutely no logic whatsoever in Jepsen being left in to give up the 2 run homerun.

I am not arguing he should have pulled him after the home run but having him face the righthander Donaldson was not a bad move, his hit was off a good inside fastball that should have jammed him. What I am arguing is the guys yelling he should have pulled him the moment Cespedes walked. You have to trust your power arms for more than one batter.

I am not arguing he should have pulled him after the home run but having him face the righthander Donaldson was not a bad move, his hit was off a good inside fastball that should have jammed him. What I am arguing is the guys yelling he should have pulled him the moment Cespedes walked. You have to trust your power arms for more than one batter.

Ok I agree with that.

It was Jepsen's job to hold the lead and he sh*t the bed.

The real issue here: not Scioscia (can't believe I said that), not Jepper, rather CJ 1st inning implosion + 600 guys left on base, 2 measly runs on a dozen hits in 4 or so innings.

Said it 3 days ago...the A's will beat this team, they just want it more.  Scioscia should focus on what he knows best, making sure the postgame spread is on time.

I didn't really have a problem with him facing Jaso. Obviously having the lefty-lefty matchup would have been better but you can only use those match ups to a certain extent. If you put Burnett in, who pitches the 8th inning? Jepsen should've been pulled after that first home run though. 

Just got back from the game and Scioscia is an absolute joke. Every year, this team is one of the most undisciplined and least fundamentally sound teams in the league it seems like. There is never any fire or intensity with this team and it just seems like everyone goes through the motions. Real stoic and boring, just like their manager. Teams continually under achieve even with very talented rosters.

In no way is it too early to worry. 20 games was enough to seal our fate last season. We are already 7 games in. I would applaud a coaching change as I have been calling for Scioscia's head for years. At some point a firing shot to light a fire under these complacent losers' asses would be great. I would LOVE to see Scioscia gone. I resent the man.

Just got back from the game and Scioscia is an absolute joke. Every year, this team is one of the most undisciplined and least fundamentally sound teams in the league it seems like.

The A's commited two errors, the Angels none. The difference in this game was Josh Hamilton being the black hole in the 4th spot of the batting order. Had he come through early in this game the Angels would have blown out the A's.

The A's commited two errors, the Angels none. The difference in this game was Josh Hamilton being the black hole in the 4th spot of the batting order. Had he come through early in this game the Angels would have blown out the A's.

Yeah and Pujols' base running gaffe should just be swept under the rug. The box score doesn't tell the whole story. Good teams can make up for mistakes too like the A's did. Doubt the Angels would have. They would of just rolled over and died.

Pujols is a complete idiot on the basepaths. Hard to justify pinch running for him in the 3rd inning.

I'm not asking for a pinch runner in the third inning. I'm asking for a team to play baseball solid fundamentally, which Scioscia teams do not. Our base running is always horrible as well as our use of sacrifice bunts, contact plays, and situational hitting. The axe falls on somebody.