• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia needs to go..

nate

Can't wait for the Angels to win tonight and for everyone to like Scioscia again.

They will win on a walkoff suicide squeeze with Trumbo batting.

That is hardly predictable :)

My expectations are high and my patience is limited.  That makes for a bad combination... I hate having this much angst so early in the season, but firing Scioscia isn't going to solve anything. 

I couldn't have said it any better

I'm not telling you what to post AO. I am asking questions when you make a blunt statement and you run away because you don't have an answer. Don't play the persecution card when you can't back up your heat of the moment rants. If you want to talk baseball then talk but spamming every thread with Scioscia is a dinosaur or Maddon was the brains of the Angels is not conversing, it is trolling, it is schtick and it is far from intelligent dialogue.

Eric you aren't even close to on topic. The thread is about MS being canned. AO is on topic and many have supported the theme with good old fashion baseball COMMON knowledge.. This thread is not about you deciding what should be discussed and who should answer your questions. Your just being apologetic as many Angels fans are in regard to MS. THERE IS ZERO EXCUSE FOR MS TO NOT HAVE A LEFTY WARMING WITH JASO POTENTIALLY COMING TO BAT. And for the record AO blows you away with compelling baseball knowledge and discussion.

All of the above, and WHAT KIND OF AN OWNER GIVES A TEN-YEAR EXTENSION TO A MANAGER??!!

That was not a smart move, not in the least.

Arte is one of the smartest and greatest owners in sports. He and the entire front office have spent the last 10 years trying to establish a culture of winning and restoring some tradition to a franchise that was nothing more than the red headed step child to the Doyers for most of their existance. I'll say this, I am reading and posting in this thread for a reason. But calling Arte out for giving Sosh a 10 year deal, ehhh not so fast...

Like I said, the FO is trying to establish a culture here. Who was the last manager to take this team to 6 playoffs in 8 seasons, (5 yrs out of the previous 7 when the contract was signed if I'm not mistaken) that included a WS Championship & 2 additional ALCS appearances? Like it or not, it was Scioscia. Giving him the 10 yr deal was almost a no brainer. We don't like it now because of the high expectations and lack of results. Shoot, I don't like it now either but given the current history at the point in time, I see nothing wron with the decsion - I actually almost applauded it.

Eric you aren't even close to on topic. The thread is about MS being canned. AO is on topic and many have supported the theme with good old fashion baseball COMMON knowledge.. This thread is not about you deciding what should be discussed and who should answer your questions. Your just being apologetic as many Angels fans are in regard to MS. THERE IS ZERO EXCUSE FOR MS TO NOT HAVE A LEFTY WARMING WITH JASO POTENTIALLY COMING TO BAT. And for the record AO blows you away with compelling baseball knowledge and discussion.

A newbie with 4 posts all of which are pretty healthy blasts - what gives?? 

I'll bet he would give that serious thought if lets say a certain managerial position opened up near his home.

So we have to hope for the Dodgers to suck and Mattingly to get canned? OK, I'm on board with that. It means I can continue to hate the Dogs.

So we have to hope for the Dodgers to suck and Mattingly to get canned? OK, I'm on board with that. It means I can continue to hate the Dogs.

How about a straight swap -- Scioscia for Mattingly. Could well be that both teams do better with a "different look" from management, so to speak.

How about a straight swap -- Scioscia for Mattingly. Could well be that both teams do better with a "different look" from management, so to speak.

Why would Mattingly want to go to a team that has $74 million less allocated to payroll?

Power? Lmfao. Get a hold of yourself mensch! Even you ERICPOWERMOD knows better to argue in front of savvy baseball fans that not having a lefty warming last night was HORRENDOUS managing. This isn't even a debatable issue.

You are trolling. You should stop. I have been more than respectfull of those posting an opinion of the in game decisions. I reserve the right, even as a moderator, to have a differing opinion and express it equally.

Sandberg was one of my favorite players.  Don't know how good of a manager he is.  I definitely would not like the Angels to look in house.

Like Blarg said, nothing will happen during the season but I think if they miss the playoffs Scioscia is gone and Dipoto would seriously be in jeopardy.  I think he has one more year on his contract after this year.

Power? Lmfao. Get a hold of yourself mensch! Even you ERICPOWERMOD knows better to argue in front of savvy baseball fans that not having a lefty warming last night was HORRENDOUS managing. This isn't even a debatable issue.

Overuse of capital letters, the message board equivolent of swearing.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sandberg was one of my favorite players. Don't know how good of a manager he is. I definitely would not like the Angels to look in house.

Like Blarg said, nothing will happen during the season but I think if they miss the playoffs Scioscia is gone and Dipoto would seriously be in jeopardy. I think he has one more year on his contract after this year.

Sandberg was the 2010 PCL manager of the year for the Cubs AAA affiliate. Lou Pinella had named him for his successor but the Cubs went with a retread. Sandberg left the Cubs and is now 3rd base coach with the Phillies.

Sound familiar? Lifetime iconic player snubbed for manager position and goes elsewhere.

He wants to fight the power with common knowledge.

You are trolling. You should stop. I have been more than respectfull of those posting an opinion of the in game decisions. I reserve the right, even as a moderator, to have a differing opinion and express it equally.

You need to go see a shrink. Every post you made in this thread had less than zero content or fact that contributed to the topic. Your obvious goal is to power trip all over yourself. You are the one that should stop before you lose credibility amongst other exceptional posters. I my friend am taking one for the team. Just curious when you will admit the topic is not debatable.