• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike's REAL postgame comments

I heard something Scioscia said on the radio yesterday during his "pregame meeting with the broadcast media" on KLAA.  It was more priceless than anything Jose Mota has ever said.  Unfortunately I was driving in my car or I would have written it down.  I almost don't want to share it here because I won't get it right.  But it was something like, "that's a deep well to dig into" and "it will dry up on you" so if anybody recalls it better than me, please post it here.

If this team could hit .250 w/ RISP (rather than the current .150), this season would be going very differently.

Of course, they're not, and thus they pretty much suck thus far.

It's maddening to watch.

Hamilton needs to get his crap together.

If you look at the stats for our lineup (with one obvious exception) we should be doing much better offensively:

Trout: .278

Callaspo: .300

Pujols: .346

Hamilton: .156

Trumbo: .286

Kendrick: .344

Harris: .350

Iannetta: .222

Bourjos: .318

Yes, I know, that's just batting average but with the exception of the void that currently is Hamilton, it looks good.  Then you start looking at things like hitting with RISP and it starts to fall apart.

Statistically this team would fall into the category of 'unlucky' - we'll see how long this lasts, but considering how well this team is hitting overall it's hard to explain a .150 average with RISP... not to mention the reverse of that seeming to be true on the defensive side.

It never helps that your #4 hitter is striking out twice a game and providing no power.

It never helps that your #4 hitter is striking out twice a game and providing nothing helpful at all.

Ftfy to take it one step further. The Angels have set the table very nicely many times for Hamilton only to have him stumble over it and make a mess of the dining room.

Should Hamilton hit 3rd?

Hamilton needs to be dropped two or three spots in the order until he stops swinging at junk low and outside.

The pitchers are toying with him now. It's way too easy.

I would like to see what happens if you put him in front of Pujols.  AP is on fire and has returned to the form we saw in STL.  It certainly isn't because Hamilton is protecting him, so I don't care whether you switch the two of them or if you put Hamilton in the two hole for a couple of days, do it and lets see what protection by AP will do for the guy.

What we are doing now isn't working.

Hamilton needs to be dropped two or three spots in the order until he stops swinging at junk low and outside.

The pitchers are toying with him now. It's way too easy.

From what I recall he always swings at junk low and outside. He's a sucker for those lefty sliders.

And I agree with the Jay.  Don't get me wrong, Eppard was great in the minors, but I am not sure he has what it takes to work with the established major leaguers.

Honest question about Eppard.

After being promoted, was he instructed to carry out Mickey Hatcher's old hitting philosophies by Mickey's old pal?  My inclination says yes.