• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ISIS delenda est

29 minutes ago, nate said:

Again, this just gives the hypocrisy of Americans and these wars.

What about the Mexican cartels?  What about Africa and Asia where hundreds of thousands have died from murderous regimes?

Totally agree. We haven't done a thing about Boko Haram in Nigeria, and they're as bad or even worse than ISIS. And we didn't lift a finger to help stop the Rwandan genocide in the 1990's.

The world is full of evil people and regimes. The difference in the Middle East is they have a lot of cheap oil, which we're addicted to. It would be nice if we were permitted by our government to tap into our own vast resources, but that's the topic for another discussion.

One thing that distinguishes Trump from the others (except maybe Bernie) is he has sworn to get out of the nation-building and regime-change business. That's almost reason enough for me to vote for him, regardless of the rest of his baggage. Of course, there's also his pledge to kick ISIS' ass, so I worry about what kind of commitment that might take. 

51 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

One thing that distinguishes Trump from the others (except maybe Bernie) is he has sworn to get out of the nation-building and regime-change business. That's almost reason enough for me to vote for him, regardless of the rest of his baggage. Of course, there's also his pledge to kick ISIS' ass, so I worry about what kind of commitment that might take. 

Plus it is easy to say now when he doesn't have a million lobbyists encouraging him to insert a regime change.

10 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

He is the only one saying it though.  Hillary sure and the hell isn't.

And we believe everything he says right?  Especially considering his statements on Muslims I would expect out of all the candidates he is the most likely to bomb, followed closely by Hillary.

Actually, maybe he is right, he won't regime change, just completely annihilate the entire region.

1 minute ago, nate said:

And we believe everything he says right?  Especially considering his statements on Muslims I would expect out of all the candidates he is the most likely to bomb, followed closely by Hillary.

Actually, maybe he is right, he won't regime change, just completely annihilate the entire region.

Again, would you rather have a candidate that says they will stop (a maybe) or the sure thing that absolutely won't stop?  How else are you supposed to determine policy?

I think where I get lost, and maybe this is very AJ of me, is that anyone takes any word that Trumps says and thinks it is true.

He is a narcissist who has said just about anything you could imagine to rally support.  I don't consider anything he has ever said when it comes to his candidacy because it is all bullshit.  I look at him as a person and what he has done in the past to know that he is a fraudulent con artist that has bent every single rule there is in his favor while unapologeticly fucking over and bankrupting others in the process.

1 hour ago, nate said:

I think where I get lost, and maybe this is very AJ of me, is that anyone takes any word that Trumps says and thinks it is true.

He is a narcissist who has said just about anything you could imagine to rally support.  I don't consider anything he has ever said when it comes to his candidacy because it is all bullshit.  I look at him as a person and what he has done in the past to know that he is a fraudulent con artist that has bent every single rule there is in his favor while unapologeticly fucking over and bankrupting others in the process.

I get that.  I really do but I can't for the life of me not put Clinton in that very same boat.  

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

I get that.  I really do but I can't for the life of me not put Clinton in that very same boat.  

Yea, I get that too.  I put her one very tiny rung above him.  If I ranked them based on a 0-100 scale of integrity I would put Trump at 0 and Clinton at 1.