• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ranking all 141 SNL cast members

nate

Norm was great last night on the SNL 40 show. He brought back his Burt Reynolds as Turd Furguson character.

I can't believe they wasted time with that Californians sketch. I didn't find it funny at all and couldn't wait for it to be over. It seemed to drag forever.

Not a huge Melissa McCarthy fan but I thought she was great during Weekend Update.

When the Californians sketch started I thought it would be a great opportunity to pull in several previous cast members. But it was so poorly written that they should have just dropped it. I can only guess that they kept it because of the "break" opportunities it provided.

Overall I thought it was a pretty good reunion. Makes you wonder why they didn't do something like this years ago.

Not a huge Melissa McCarthy fan but I thought she was great during Weekend Update.

We have about an hour left recorded to watch so maybe there was more but if you're talking about her doing Farley's Matt Foley she was terrible. I realize it was short but all they did was try to cram the funniest moments from his original Foley skit into 30 rushed seconds. There was no set up it was just let's mention "van down by the river" then watch her take out the table.

We have about an hour left recorded to watch so maybe there was more but if you're talking about her doing Farley's Matt Foley she was terrible. I realize it was short but all they did was try to cram the funniest moments from his original Foley skit into 30 rushed seconds. There was no set up it was just let's mention "van down by the river" then watch her take out the table.

Yeah, it was rushed but it wasn't meant to be it's own sketch.  I thought she did a good job with his mannerisms.  It was meant to be a small tribute to him and nothing more.

Was hoping for a few more sketches.  Especially a Two Wild and Crazy Guys, Coneheads, or Church Lady one but I was satisfied that they did a Waynes World one.

Edited by Chimi

On Rich Eisen's show yesterday was guest Don Olhmeyer, the former head of NBC Sports and original producer/creator of Monday Night Football at age 27. An industry giant.

The reason I mention this is Don was in charge of programming when the decision was made to replace Norm McDonald. He says he has taken grief from it from Norm McDonald fans ever since but he had solid reasoning to make the move.

NBC monitoring the ratings at the midnight hour, when they ran weekend update, saw a steady drop-off in viewership with McDonald as the anchor. A drop off that didn't recover viewers for the second half of the show.

So for the McDonald fans it was a travesty but for SNL it was necessary for the shows survival.

My brush with Olhmeyer was switching off the hockey playoffs to watch the Angels at work. There was only one cable feed for the entire facility and without asking I just flipped it to baseball. Almost was fired for that one.

Why was Hannah Montana and Kanye Kardashian performing at the 40th Anniversary show?  I thought the show was pretty good over all but that was a terrible decision to have them perform.  

Yeah, that's what I thought also.  Didn't even listen to the Kanye performance.  Paul was ok, but on the youtube channel, that was the only part of the show that was sped up due to copyright stuff.  

Overall, it was a good show.  De Niro's part was just awkward.  I wished they would have done a skit with Eddie Murphy.  Sean Connery on jeopardy had me rolling.  The Californians skit was just stupid listening to people pretending to be from California with New York accents.

so he replaced him with.... Colin Quinn?

lol

It was a great call as evidenced by Quinn trying to make a joke during the 40th anniversary show blaming his stutters or messing up lines during weekend update on the person holding the cards.  A joke he couldn't even get out without screwing up the punch line.    

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

It was a great call as evidenced by Quinn trying to make a joke during the 40th anniversary show blaming his stutters or messing up lines during weekend update on the person holding the cards. A joke he couldn't even get out without screwing up the punch line.

I am on my phone. Quick someone post the point sailing over your head image