• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Haren... again

floplag

i keep seeing people positing more SP options/depth etc... but with recent acquisitions we don't need anymore kids and have sufficient depth., what we need is a stop gap till the injuries heal.

At this point he could be had for almost nothing i would think and there would be virtually no cost for a guy that should give a 4.5ish on the back end and buy time for Richards to get back.

Supposedly Mia is looking for more OF depth so a legit trade could be made but we could probably send them a lesser OF at this point as something is better than nothing.

IDK i think its a better options than a lot of the guys mentioned in other threads

Poo Poo it if you wish

If all of his 10 mil is assumed by someone else, sure.  And no trading away top 20 prospects for him, either.

Assuming Miami keeps their 10 mil to help offset the extra cost of acquiring a guy like Wilson, I don't know that I wouldn't make that trade, even if the Halos had to throw in 5 mil next year.   Haren could tank and still be gone, meanwhile there would be more money freed up to acquire of the arms that will become available next winter.

I doubt the Angels would make that move, they had the luxury of seeing both Haren and Wilson first hand and it's my guess they view Wilson as the better bet, but I'd do it just to clear the payroll.   

Assuming Miami keeps their 10 mil to help offset the extra cost of acquiring a guy like Wilson, I don't know that I wouldn't make that trade, even if the Halos had to throw in 5 mil next year.   Haren could tank and still be gone, meanwhile there would be more money freed up to acquire of the arms that will become available next winter.

I doubt the Angels would make that move, they had the luxury of seeing both Haren and Wilson first hand and it's my guess they view Wilson as the better bet, but I'd do it just to clear the payroll.   

while i think the trade is an interesting idea and i do like the idea of freeing some payroll for better additions. i agree that the second portion of your post negates the original suggestion. 

Haren has put Miami in a vice grip.

They can trade him and get virtually nothing in return and perhaps the other team would insist Miami pay part of his $10 million salary.

at this point, Miami should just put him on the voluntarily retired list and cut their losses -- they wouldn't have to pay a dime of his salary and if Haren did want to play in 2015 and is just using this 'I'm quitting' stuff as a ploy -- they've just thwarted his game playing.

actually, these guys these days, Haren probably has enough money to retire on and doesn't want to spend half his season back East.