• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The stadium had problems too

Biergott

I always eat beforehand, usually while pregaming. I really only hit the concession for beer.

On a side note about pricing, I went with my girlfriend and her parents last year and three shots and three beers were $48 lol. Although I can't really complain since I made that same trip two more times after. I understand profit margins, but yeesh.

ARAMARK will be gone when the contract ends in June. There are already plans for Angels Baseball to manage it through seasons end.

No offense, but we have heard this before.  I am going to take the "dont hold your breath" approach and be pleasantly surprised when and if something happens.  There are so many GREAT ballpark experiences, in relationship to concessions (BAL comes to mind) - I can't believe that the Angels can be ranked as high as they are year after year when they are giving us SOS served up by a slow moving retiree.

No offense, but we have heard this before.  I am going to take the "dont hold your breath" approach and be pleasantly surprised when and if something happens.  There are so many GREAT ballpark experiences, in relationship to concessions (BAL comes to mind) - I can't believe that the Angels can be ranked as high as they are year after year when they are giving us SOS served up by a slow moving retiree.

I worked for ARAMARK for 6 years up until 2011...I have my sources. I'm friends with Chef Rick of the Diamond Club

A few things to keep in mind...

1. the stadium is old, so access points are limited

2. Any upgrades needed would be done by Angels Baseball, Not Aramark

3. It was opening day, not really an excuse, but the lack of modern amenities severely hurts service. There many factors the fans don't take in account that they don't see on the surface. Power is and plumbing is a major factor

A few things to keep in mind...

1. the stadium is old, so access points are limited

2. Any upgrades needed would be done by Angels Baseball, Not Aramark

3. It was opening day, not really an excuse, but the lack of modern amenities severely hurts service. There many factors the fans don't take in account that they don't see on the surface. Power is and plumbing is a major factor

No argument here at all... thats why in my response to the OP I noted that there is a two fold problem with the stadium - ARAMARK and the infrastructure is damn near 50 years old and was not built to handle everything thats being thrown at it.

I love the Big A dearly.  It is a second home to me and I did A LOT of growing up there.  I will shed tears the day she is torn down, but that day is getting closer and closer.  The old girl just isn't what she used to be.

I went to get a Hot chocolate for my dad at the 7th inning in the lower view level.  Hardly ANY consession stands were open.  The grandstand was open but nobody was in line. Kinda wierd.  Crappy last opening day for me.

Sorry to hear that, but to be fair, it was the biggest concession day EVER last night.

That being said, I urge EVERYONE to fill out the comment cards that are at every concession stand; I know for a fact, they get read by high ranking officials at the stadium. The comment cards are taken VERY seriously.

No argument here at all... thats why in my response to the OP I noted that there is a two fold problem with the stadium - ARAMARK and the infrastructure is damn near 50 years old and was not built to handle everything thats being thrown at it.

I love the Big A dearly.  It is a second home to me and I did A LOT of growing up there.  I will shed tears the day she is torn down, but that day is getting closer and closer.  The old girl just isn't what she used to be.

Trust me.. the feeling at the stadium (nothing in stone, but just a belief) is any stadium upgrades is solely dependent if a move is in the future plans or not. The real partnership to follow is the one between the stadium and the city, not the stadium and Aramark. 

Regarding the lines - they are ALWAYS the worst during the Opening Homestand.  ALWAYS.  You are dealing with people that haven't done their job on a consistent basis since last SEP or they are new hires.  Add to it the crowd of Opening Night and it is a recipe for disaster.  Anybody remember the year they ran out of hot dogs in the 3rd inning of Opening Night?  Aramark is the WORST and one could only hope that their contract is not renewed and the new company that comes in can either train their employees or fire them.

Regarding the escalators - its not the first time they have had broken escalators on Opening Night and it wont be the last.  The stadium is in disrepair.  I have been saying it for years.  They do a great job and sprucing it up each year but the core structure is also pushing 50years old.  The escalators are part of the core.

I've been to many opening days, and I agree the lines are always insane.  But last night they seemed to be the worst ever, and the service was slower than ever.  I can't recall it ever being close to as bad as last night.  I understand there is no spring training for new staff or anything like that, and tend to give a pass the first week or so, but last night was ridiculous.  And to get cold food to boot was just unacceptable.  I don't expect 5 star service or anything, but a hot dog should at least be warm.  I understand the stadium is old, so things like broken escalators don't bother me.  It happens several times per year, every year.  I'll be there again Thursday, Friday and Saturday, so hopefully the kinks get worked out.  (And while the service and food stunk, if the Angels had won, I probably wouldn't have posted this...but last night was rough!)

Food is and always has been terrible there. Their hot dogs are just gross. I finally started picking up food last year and bringing it in. 

I've been doing this for years. One of the great things about our stadium is they allow outside food (but not drinks other than water).

I've been to many opening days, and I agree the lines are always insane.  But last night they seemed to be the worst ever, and the service was slower than ever.  I can't recall it ever being close to as bad as last night.  I understand there is no spring training for new staff or anything like that, and tend to give a pass the first week or so, but last night was ridiculous.  And to get cold food to boot was just unacceptable.  I don't expect 5 star service or anything, but a hot dog should at least be warm.  I understand the stadium is old, so things like broken escalators don't bother me.  It happens several times per year, every year.  I'll be there again Thursday, Friday and Saturday, so hopefully the kinks get worked out.  (And while the service and food stunk, if the Angels had won, I probably wouldn't have posted this...but last night was rough!)

LOL Biergott.... its because you are getting old.  Trust me... every year its gets worse than the last. 

I'd bring in hot food if I could figure out how to KEEP it hot. I don't go to the games to eat tho. Last year the hot dog vendors didn't even come down to our section until after we had already purchased food from the stands.

How much food and drink do you need in 3 hours (typically)?