• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

One AL Official predicts Angels will sign Scherzer

KevinJ14

I don't believe that they would bring in an overpaid outsider ACE when we already have a homegrown underpaid insider ACE. It would be a slap in the face to Weaver and it might upset the applecart.

Who cares if its a slap in the face to Weaver. Its about the team and what's needed to win the World Series. Not hoping we don't upset someone. 

I hope Arte holds out one more year, then he can splurge on something. Imagine the pitching is as solid as hoped next year and CJ bounces back enough to be traded. We make the playoffs, generating some additional revenue, and pick from next year's FA class.

I don't believe that they would bring in an overpaid outsider ACE when we already have a homegrown underpaid insider ACE. It would be a slap in the face to Weaver and it might upset the applecart.

If signing Scherzer got the Angels a WS ring this year, Weaver would not care what he gets paid.  It's clear Weaver wants to win and taking the deal he did proved he wanted to help the Angels by sacrificing his own money so they could bring in others.

Ok so we are signing Scherzer or Shields for more money than Weaver?

I hope not, that would be stupid. Evidently you want the Angels to make more stupid contract moves so you can bitch about how they are wasting money. The Weaver argument would go away and your new play toy would be how much money is wasted when they could have stayed the course with young players. In effect, trolling.

The Angels are about 18 mil under the cap.  If the team moves Hector Santiago in another deal, I would imagine that we'd be far enough under the cap to sign Scherzer.

Again another dumb move, Santiago is the kind of cost control pitcher you want to keep. He made all of MLB minimum last season and is available for 1st year arbitration so trading him doesn't add any money back into the payroll to afford Scherzer that is going to have an AAV somewhere in the range of $25 million.

I hope not, that would be stupid. Evidently you want the Angels to make more stupid contract moves so you can bitch about how they are wasting money. The Weaver argument would go away and your new play toy would be how much money is wasted when they could have stayed the course with young players. In effect, trolling.

Notti, nowhere in my post do I suggest that we should sign Scherzer or anyone else. I detest those big contracts. I clearly said Scherzer would be overpaid but I do believe that Weaver is slightly underpaid.

Notti, nowhere in my post do I suggest that we should sign Scherzer or anyone else. I detest those big contracts. I clearly said Scherzer would be overpaid but I do believe that Weaver is slightly underpaid.

According to one "scout" on here Weaver is only a 4 or a 5 at this point.

You are saying the Angels won't bring in a higher paid pitcher because it would upset Weaver. That is bullshit, pure bullshit. Weaver chose his own contract extension in spite of his agents counsel (Boras refused to be at the signing) so he obviously doesn't give a shit what other players make.

His ego is not based on his salary at his press conference he stated "“How much money do you really need in life? If $85 [million] is not enough to take care of my family and other generations of families then I’m pretty stupid.”

You are pretty stupid if you think he wants management to suppress salaries of other incoming players.

According to one "scout" on here Weaver is only a 4 or a 5 at this point.

It's more about being a loyal leader. He's still a solid pitcher. Weaver Oct 2nd 2014 vs KC.....7 inn / 3 hits / 2 er / 6 k's / 0 bb / 0 hr's  and lost 3-2

Scherzer Oct 2nd 2014 vs Balt.....7.1 inn / 7 hits / 5 er / 6 k's / 1 bb / 2 hr's and lost 12-3

Edited by CALZONE

You are saying the Angels won't bring in a higher paid pitcher because it would upset Weaver. That is bullshit, pure bullshit. Weaver chose his own contract extension in spite of his agents counsel (Boras refused to be at the signing) so he obviously doesn't give a shit what other players make.

His ego is not based on his salary at his press conference he stated "“How much money do you really need in life? If $85 [million] is not enough to take care of my family and other generations of families then I’m pretty stupid.”

You are pretty stupid if you think he wants management to suppress salaries of other incoming players.

Well Notti, I never attack other posters for giving their opinions. I'm stupid, I'm a troll. Ok thanks.

Any one of 4 teams: Tigers, Skanks, Nats, or Cubs

That is probably the case. Boras has been more aggressive every year with trying to maximize every contract that he may just push a lot of teams too far and end up with a Morales situation, demanding more than the market is willing to pay. Not saying Kendrys and Max are on the same level but each has their ceiling that Boras doesn't seem to believe exists.

It's more about being a loyal leader. He's still a solid pitcher. Weaver Oct 2nd 2014 vs KC.....7 inn / 3 hits / 2 er / 6 k's / 0 bb / 0 hr's and lost 3-2

Scherzer Oct 2nd 2014 vs Balt.....7.1 inn / 7 hits / 5 er / 6 k's / 1 bb / 2 hr's and lost 12-3

I certainly don't believe Weaver is a 4 or 5 pitcher. I would rather the team be loyal to Weaver by giving him the best team possible to get a championship before his time is done.

I certainly don't believe Weaver is a 4 or 5 pitcher. I would rather the team be loyal to Weaver by giving him the best team possible to get a championship before his time is done.

If every player in the starting lineup the last couple of seasons played with the same heart as Weaver, we would not be having this discussion.