• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Its a long season but...there are reasons to be concerned

Here are the reasons:

1) The starting pitching is not good. It isn't necessarily bad, but with Weaver out and CJ Wilson seemingly unable to recapture his #2 form, the Angels are left with five #3-5 starters. And even Weaver wasn't pitching well.

2) The offense might not be as good as hoped. This is my least concern of the three because at worst it should still be very good, and could be great, but it might not be as good as we hoped it would be, and not good enough to carry a mediocre pitching staff.

3) The bullpen "hiccup." Or is that hiccups? While it has been much improved since last year thus far, there is still the sense that there are no truly dominant relievers on this team.

But again, we're only seven games in. I've been predicting a 13-14 April as I think it will take them time to figure things out and gel. But beneath the 2-5 record are some worrying things...let's hope they get ironed out.

Of the 13 LOB last night 10 of them were left in scoring position.

If the offense started doing their job, everything else would just fall into line.

Watching the game, that was definitely the most frustrating part for my bf and I to watch. Once that 3 Run Hr was hit, I pretty much wanted to throw the controller at the tv.

I 'm not so worried about losing Weaver, as I think Richards can pull up the slack for several weeks. However, who's going to pull up the slack for Richards?

It seems like there's one guy that comes in each day and implodes. Perhaps, when Madson returns, we'll be good, but I don't want t be 4 or 5 games out by then. One week in and we're 3.5 back.

I'm concerned with the fact that we had 20 base runners last night and only got 5 runs. At one point we had 11 hits, 3 walks, and a HBP and still only had 2 runs. That shit is pretty infuriating.

That first inning pretty much sums up the frustration for the typical Angels' fan. Wilson imploding. Bases loaded, no one out with the heart of the order coming up and nothing happens. 

I 'm not so worried about losing Weaver, as I think Richards can pull up the slack for several weeks. However, who's going to pull up the salck for Richards?

It seems like there's one guy that comes in each day and implodes. Perhaps, when Madson returns, we'll be good, but I don't want t be 4 or 5 games out by then. One week in and we're 3.5 back.

The way Oakland is playing, we could be 7 games back by the end of the month.

Here are the reasons:

1) The starting pitching is not good. It isn't necessarily bad, but with Weaver out and CJ Wilson seemingly unable to recapture his #2 form, the Angels are left with five #3-5 starters. And even Weaver wasn't pitching well.

2) The offense might not be as good as hoped. This is my least concern of the three because at worst it should still be very good, and could be great, but it might not be as good as we hoped it would be, and not good enough to carry a mediocre pitching staff.

3) The bullpen "hiccup." Or is that hiccups? While it has been much improved since last year thus far, there is still the sense that there are no truly dominant relievers on this team.

But again, we're only seven games in. I've been predicting a 13-14 April as I think it will take them time to figure things out and gel. But beneath the 2-5 record are some worrying things...let's hope they get ironed out.

You made good points.  With Weaver out and our pitching suspect there is reason to be concerned, but not reason to panic than many on this board.

So let's make a scale of Zones:

BLUE: We're going to win no matter what! No one can stop us! 100 wins here we come!!!

GREEN: Everything looks good - just the usual bumps in the road. Should win 90-something with relative ease.

YELLOW: Starting to get worried here - some signs things could get worse. 

ORANGE: Major concerns - the team is definitely not what we thought it was.

RED: We're screwed!!!! Time to AO on yo asses!

I'd say we're comfortably in the Yellow Zone, but closer to Green than Orange.

good teams go thru stretches of finding a way to lose and so far they have been very good at that.  I expect there will be these types of stretches during the season, but it's horribly frustrating to start out that way. 

We knew the starting pitching was gonna be mediocre at best and that the offense was going to have to win games for us, but that was also contingent on the bullpen stepping up and the defense being very good. 

I am generally a big MS supporter, but you can't treat the early part of the season as a time for guys to 'find their way' or 'find out where they fit'.  Especially not in the AL west.  If a reliever or starter doesn't have it, take them out.  Lowe and Jep are two perfect examples so far.