• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lmao, this board is going insane.

Was our offense showing some spark last year? We had a terrible OBP, guys were K'ing left and right and the times when we did have RISP, we failed. Our offense seems to be a little better than it was last year. Pitching wise, were pretty much on par if not slightly worse.

We'd scored 30 runs at this point last year, we have 29 now. May we please have the next cornerstone of your lame argument?

As good as the team was post-terrible start last year, April ultimately bit them in the ass. I wasn't too worried last year, but it's reasonable to be concerned given what happened last year. We had one of the best teams come September, but it made no difference.

This franchise is a fracking mess!

Moreno = Steinbrenner in the 1980's, when the Skanks sucked, just like we do now!

AO, really? Moreno and the 1980's version of Steinbrenner dont even compare. Place blame on the players/coaching staff if you need to place blame but to blame Arte is stupid

This.

As fans, it's important to air it out, both the good and bad throughout the season. 

I doubt the Angels keep playing this way, but for now it's frustrating as hell to witness. 

No doubt in my mind that this loss is not on Jepsen, or even Scioscia's mismanagement of the bullpen. The loss is on the Angels inability to produce with RISP.

We should be winning 13 to 9 right now. 

Absolutely agree with this. Everyone wants to point to the most glaring hole last night but Chuck is correct in pointing out our inability to move the runners in.

Frankly this whole first week performance falls on the teams shoulders. Dipoto put good pieces together and S-C-I-O-S-C-I-A has managed them fairly well so it is the execution that needs to happen more consistently.

As good as the team was post-terrible start last year, April ultimately bit them in the ass. I wasn't too worried last year, but it's reasonable to be concerned given what happened last year. We had one of the best teams come September, but it made no difference.

Going 7-15 between July 28 and August 19th really bit them too.

I checked the gameday thread last night just for shits and giggles.  As a fan getting frustrated or excited obviously happens but I just don't get that frustrated when the Angels disappoint these days.  I think seeing the team underperform vs. expectations the last few years has just kind of numbed me to it.  Regardless I think the offense will pick it up especially with RISP because they can't get much worse...or so I hope. 

Last night's game showed a promising sign that we didn't see last year.  The Angels were able to get baserunners on with frequency.  The alarming part was their infrequency in bringing those runners around to score.  Last year we were looking for baserunners.

But this just brings up the Angels offense biggest weakness, Runners in Scoring Position.  If the Angels can finally start landing those knock out blows, this team will be on fire.

All that said, these are professional athletes, the time of "figuring things out" is long gone.  Not to mention the number of Highly paid players on this team.  They ought to be ready to go as soon as April comes.

Last night's game showed a promising sign that we didn't see last year.  The Angels were able to get baserunners on with frequency.  The alarming part was their infrequency in bringing those runners around to score.  Last year we were looking for baserunners.

But this just brings up the Angels offense biggest weakness, Runners in Scoring Position.  If the Angels can finally start landing those knock out blows, this team will be on fire.

All that said, these are professional athletes, the time of "figuring things out" is long gone.  Not to mention the number of Highly paid players on this team.  They ought to be ready to go as soon as April comes.

And this is where it falls on Scioscia. Whatever they do, however they prepare in spring training just does not coincide with early season success. I stand by saying that a shake up at the top would be welcomed. I, for one, think it has been years in the making. The dude ran into a beast team in 2002 and has been riding those coat tails ever since.