• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gas Prices

NJHalo

12 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Just got back from Laughlin.  Filled up in Arizona.  $3.33  

fuck Calolfornia and their taxes and regulations.

I paid $6.29 today.

I’m glad my governor is going around lecturing other states on how to be more like California.

On 9/30/2022 at 9:02 AM, gotbeer said:

I don't think you read the article.

He said no one regulates gas prices, so if suppliers and retailers are paying more to refuel their tanks, that price is more than likely being passed onto drivers.

"Shell doesn't own gasoline stations, Exxon doesn't own gasoline stations, Chevron, Unocal -- they don't own the gasoline stations that you and I use to fill up," Hirs said. "These are owned by entrepreneurs or by groups of companies. Sometimes by private equity firms and they can raise prices very liberally because -- simply because -- they can."

On 10/2/2022 at 3:07 PM, Taylor said:

I don't think you read the article.

Oil prices are at 9 month lows, so their cost of refilling their tanks doesn't add up.  Also that Arizona is at $3 and a half and most of the rest of the country is low, but only Calolfornia and states like Nevada are high.  Gas retailers is a very competitive business, it's hard to imagine all in Calolfornia just decided high prices, with no one breaking ranks.  Which tells me that these prices are a direct result from the oil companies, and not retailers deciding to jack up prices like the article suggests.

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Oil prices are at 9 month lows, so their cost of refilling their tanks doesn't add up.  Also that Arizona is at $3 and a half and most of the rest of the country is low, but only Calolfornia and states like Nevada are high.  Gas retailers is a very competitive business, it's hard to imagine all in Calolfornia just decided high prices, with no one breaking ranks.  Which tells me that these prices are a direct result from the oil companies, and not retailers deciding to jack up prices like the article suggests.

I have a friend in Alabama who just paid $3.32 at her local Costco. 

It has always bothered me how our prices are so much higher. The one thing we don’t have to pay for is transporting gas from the refineries to the stations since we have so many refineries here locally. 

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Also, the peak summer driving season is over, but it appears that gas prices are going up again. I passed one station today that was charging almost $6 per gallon for unleaded ($5.88).

6 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Also, the peak summer driving season is over, but it appears that gas prices are going up again. I passed one station today that was charging almost $6 per gallon for unleaded ($5.88).

You are close enough, that it's almost worth it to drive to Arizona to fill up.  

14 hours ago, Tank said:

I have a friend in Alabama who just paid $3.32 at her local Costco. 

It has always bothered me how our prices are so much higher. The one thing we don’t have to pay for is transporting gas from the refineries to the stations since we have so many refineries here locally. 

Unless new gas taxes are being passed every month, the only reason for prices to be higher is supply and demand. SoCal is an expensive place to live with tens of millions of cars on the road, so gas stations can raise prices and still sell just as much gas. Versus Alabama, which is a poorer state with far less traffic.

Of course the taxes don't help. But if regulation were the issue you wouldn't see prices fluctuate constantly. 

32 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Unless new gas taxes are being passed every month, the only reason for prices to be higher is supply and demand. SoCal is an expensive place to live with tens of millions of cars on the road, so gas stations can raise prices and still sell just as much gas. Versus Alabama, which is a poorer state with far less traffic.

Of course the taxes don't help. But if regulation were the issue you wouldn't see prices fluctuate constantly. 

I think its a mix of taxes, regulations and refineries reducing supply. You are correct that our demand will always be higher than every other state's and that will not change. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I think its a mix of taxes, regulations and refineries reducing supply. You are correct that our demand will always be higher than every other state's and that will not change. 

Another problem is our gas is unique.  If refineries in Calolfornia making Calolfornia gas goes down, it's not like refineries in Texass can just up their production to make up for the difference.  They would have to change their entire process, which wouldn't make it cost effective to do, even at double the price.  Whereas, if any other state has problems with supply, another refinery from another state will pick up the slack, i.e. why Arizona gas is so cheap.  

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Another problem is our gas is unique.  If refineries in Calolfornia making Calolfornia gas goes down, it's not like refineries in Texass can just up their production to make up for the difference.  They would have to change their entire process, which wouldn't make it cost effective to do, even at double the price.  Whereas, if any other state has problems with supply, another refinery from another state will pick up the slack, i.e. why Arizona gas is so cheap.  

We need a lot more supply but the state is hostile towards the industry so that isn’t going to happen